Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Larue PredatAR 7.62...any information?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Larue PredatAR 7.62...any information?

I thought I'd pretty much settled on a SCAR 17, but I'm seeing ads now for the PredatAR in 7.62 NATO...and the Larue monthly calendar wallpaper has one on it. It's supposedly pretty comparable to the SCAR 17 in terms of weight, which is why I eliminated the LMT MWS from the possible solutions for a modern .308...thing was like swinging an I-beam around, which would be great for a bench gun, but I'm looking for something light enough to easily move around with.

I was wondering if they're for sale yet officially or not...I don't see them anywhere on Larue's site.

Anybody know how are the internals set up? Is the bolt something proprietary? I've heard that Larue doesn't sell spare bolts, so I'm wondering where I'd get another if something broke.

I do like the fact that it takes PMAGs, and hopefully, being an AR, would have more spare parts availability than the SCAR. (Though I have no idea what parts are interchangeable between 5.56 and 7.62 ARs...)
    I have far more guns than I realistically need, but far less than I want. - NongShim

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Sure they do:

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetac...ail.bok?no=481

Get one, they're awesome guns from what I've heard from guys trying them out right now. You can pre-order them, with shipping supposed to be anytime between now and in the next week or so.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Oops. That's what I get for taking internet information without digging for myself... that's good to know though.

How does one order? Old fashioned phone?
    I have far more guns than I realistically need, but far less than I want. - NongShim

Feedback Score
    Yep, give them a call. I sent an email asking about pre-orders and received an email back from Tyler..stating to call him to discuss an order. I'm just to scared to call because I know I will dust one of CC off and purchase one

In live in a fantasy land, but I'm dead honest about it!
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up Re: LaRue Predator 7.62 NATO

I received a pretty tricked out SCAR 16S as a birthday gift, while I was contemplating the LaRue 5.56. Now that I am dialed in, and fully accessorized on my SCAR, I have committed to buying a LaRue 7.62.
    The LaRue Preditor was the winning (tying) rifle in 'Sniper' magazines inaugural rag in the Large sniper rifle shoot-out, along with the 338 Lapua rifle.
    I have a lot of extra LaRue equipment but won't sell it as I cannot see getting rid of any mounts or rails that are made so well.
    Go for it. If you don't like it (or scatch it up too much) I will buy it from you!
    FDFenn

Feedback Score
    Anyone put one of the 7.62s Predatars through a good course yet? Wondering how they hold up to rapid follow up shots and lots of shooting without cleaning?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I'd like to find out more about the technical specs of the Larue PredatAR 7.62 if I can, since you don't usually see them on the shelves at stores, and the technical details are lacking on the site. Unfortunately, I didn't save a copy of the infamous "Chart" before Rob took it down, so I don't know what SOP is for Larue is with their complete guns.

Is it a pencil barrel? It looks like it is from pictures, but I can't see inside the handguards.

Is the barrel cold hammer forged? Chrome lined? MP & HP tested? Same for the bolt?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronFitz View Post
    I'd like to find out more about the technical specs of the Larue PredatAR 7.62 if I can, since you don't usually see them on the shelves at stores, and the technical details are lacking on the site.

Best thing you can do is call them.
    IIRC Larue Guns were not on the chart.

In live in a fantasy land, but I'm dead honest about it!
    Feedback Score

Here is a great link:

I referred to this link: www.shootingtimes.com
    'Sniper' magazine article runs 5 pp.'s from 62-67.
    2010 Int'l Sniper Comp winners:
    * SFC's Gianelli and Hoymeyer won Service Class (kudos) using their LaRue OBR 7.62 using 16" & 20" barrels, respectively.
    * USASOC HQ Team won the Open Class using a suppressed (US Optics SN3) OBR 7.62.
    These are "discriminating professionals.
    Probably not too many shooters are better than this rifle.
    I do hope this info is useful to whomever is reading it.
    FDFenn

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FDFenn View Post
    I referred to this link: www.shootingtimes.com
    'Sniper' magazine article runs 5 pp.'s from 62-67.
    2010 Int'l Sniper Comp winners:
    * SFC's Gianelli and Hoymeyer won Service Class (kudos) using their LaRue OBR 7.62 using 16" & 20" barrels, respectively.
    * USASOC HQ Team won the Open Class using a suppressed (US Optics SN3) OBR 7.62.
    These are "discriminating professionals.
    Probably not too many shooters are better than this rifle.
    I do hope this info is useful to whomever is reading it.
    FDFenn

Not the same guns as the Predator OBR's.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast