Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Larue PredatAR 7.62...any information?

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    From all the great reviews on the OBR, I think this is going to be a great platform.

I have been in the market for another .308 AR and had just about settled on a SR-25 EMC, but the price was killing me!

I wish they had specs/info on their site.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If you think the predatAR will be anything like the EMC, than you will be disappointed imho.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    If you think the predatAR will be anything like the EMC, than you will be disappointed imho.
    I think it will be an inferior system, but also a less expensive one.

I have had no experience behind the trigger of an EMC or OBR, so anyone who has please share some info.

I understand the EMC to possibly be the ultimate battle rifle from what I've read.

Care to elaborate?

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    They each have their own positives and negatives. I don't want to turn a thread about gun A into a discussion on guns B and C, though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am no expert on these, but since you asked. I have not shot the EMC, but have shot a bunch of OBRs. Not having owned an OBR I can't vouch for its reliability, but I have yet to have a malfunction with my few hundred rounds on them. I am accustomed to the FAL recoil and found the 762 OBR (probably all AR 762 similar) a bit weird, but not at all unpleasant. The OBR was definitely more accurate than me! I have not shot for groups, but did shoot a bunch at short range & 500, 750 and 1000 steel. I could ding the steel all day (75%) with iron competition target sights and with strong crosswinds made a very few hits at 1000 (I thought I made more hits than my spotter claimed, but he didn't like me)

It is my impression (could be wrong) that the OBR and EMC are too different animals. I thought the EMC was meant as a true GP battle rifle and the OBR (setting the name aside) was really more of a precision rifle. Someone correct me if I'm misinformed. I want both
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Fundi View Post
    I am no expert on these, but since you asked. I have not shot the EMC, but have shot a bunch of OBRs. Not having owned an OBR I can't vouch for its reliability, but I have yet to have a malfunction with my few hundred rounds on them. I am accustomed to the FAL recoil and found the 762 OBR (probably all AR 762 similar) a bit weird, but not at all unpleasant. The OBR was definitely more accurate than me! I have not shot for groups, but did shoot a bunch at short range & 500, 750 and 1000 steel. I could ding the steel all day (75%) with iron competition target sights and with strong crosswinds made a very few hits at 1000 (I thought I made more hits than my spotter claimed, but he didn't like me)

It is my impression (could be wrong) that the OBR and EMC are too different animals. I thought the EMC was meant as a true GP battle rifle and the OBR (setting the name aside) was really more of a precision rifle. Someone correct me if I'm misinformed. I want both
    I agree that they're different, but that's where the PredatAR comes in. It is not meant to be a precision rig.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    I think you're talking out your patoot again.

Having owned both, I like the OBR more, a lot more. And from what I've heard from end-user reports the Pred 7.62 is nearly just as accurate as the OBR (which is a sub .5 MOA rifle), lighter, slimmer rail, and reliable as all hell.

I would not turn down a Larue 7.62 rifle, they're friggin awesome, I've never had a malfunction in my OBR running Magpul mags and with a large variety of training ammo all the way up to high quality precision loads.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    There is a small report on another website of LaRue's LE/MIL rep going through EAG class with 7.62 PredatAR without any problems. It appears to be the lightest 7.62 semiauto option, with SCAR-H being second lightest, with so far excellent reliability and accuracy reports. From what I hear, PredatAR at this point is The rifle to beat as far as all-around 7.62 rifle.
    I've just ordered a 3K of 7.62 ammo, and I don't even have a rifle for it yet. It will be either PredatAR, or SCAR-H for me.
    Last edited by YVK; 04-04-11 at 09:38.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    I think you're talking out your patoot again.

Having owned both, I like the OBR more, a lot more. And from what I've heard from end-user reports the Pred 7.62 is nearly just as accurate as the OBR (which is a sub .5 MOA rifle), lighter, slimmer rail, and reliable as all hell.

I would not turn down a Larue 7.62 rifle, they're friggin awesome, I've never had a malfunction in my OBR running Magpul mags and with a large variety of training ammo all the way up to high quality precision loads.
    No doubt, it's also kinda hard to say you'll be dissappointed in a rifle that isn't even available yet. Given they are based on the same basic rifle, I'd believe they are gonna be very accurate and reliable. I can't say I've read a single thread where someone has had issues with OBR reliabilty. I just ordered an 18" 7.62 OBR and will be getting a 16" 7.62 PredatAR in the near future.

My buddy Steve (Magpul Ogre) has a pre-production 5.56 PredatAR and it's great. I have a 5.56 OBR and the difference is weight is substantial and the difference in accuracy is minimal. I have to believe the relationship between the 7.62 guns will be similar!
    Full disclosure - I am an Engineering Supervisor at Trijicon, Inc.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    From what I've heard, both from Steve, and from another instructor (who's running the 7.62 version) is that they're awesome guns.

I'd be all over a 7.62 Pred if I didn't already have the OBR for my precision needs.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast