Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SUGGESTIONS ON TACTICAL SCHOOLS

Feedback Score
    In addition to those already mentioned, a couple of other options that travel to your area are Randy Cain, www.guntactics.com, and Scott Reitz, www.internationaltactical.com

Both are knowledgable and good instructors.
    Yup, I'm a Dinosaur!

Feedback Score

O'Gara Group AAR

Was new to the forum and looking to get some ffedback on the O'Gara Group; wondering about the training they offer in particular their tactical/weapons trng, maritime security/interdiction, PSD trng and more advanced trng they offer (HALO) etc. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skydiverricardo View Post
    Guys,

I really appreciate all the comments. I like Blackwater as it's in the east coast (I live in Miami Beach) and it would be easy for me to drive up. Also, I've heard that they have lodging facilities which makes life a little easier.
    The bunkhouse is where lots of the fun part of Blackwater happens. Cleaning your rifle alongside guys from 3rd SF is a great time to get some good info you can't get many other places....

The bunkhouse is the most reasonable option financially, and it is the best option for the sake of your gear. You don't really want to be toting around a lot of hardware in and out of cheap motels in Chesapeake.

Nobody messes with anything that isn't theirs in the bunkhouse, and nobody freaks out when a guy walks in with an M249 and a couple of M4's. (empty ones, of course....don't run around the bunkhouse with loaded weapons...)

Feedback Score
    If you're in Florida, I'd check out Southern Exposure Training (www.southernexposuretraining.com). They host some top-notch instructors. I'd highly recommend Randy Cain's Tactical Handgun 101 for a novice/intro class.

Feedback Score
    The last time I was at Blackwater I learned some cool stuff from other attendees in the bunkhouse. Highly recommended.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    If you're in Florida, I'd check out Southern Exposure Training (www.southernexposuretraining.com). They host some top-notch instructors. I'd highly recommend Randy Cain's Tactical Handgun 101 for a novice/intro class.
    Agreed, and I'd add that Randy's carbine course is a perfect first class on that platform as well.

Randy will also be doing a Handgun 101 class in the Florida Keys January 7-9. I don't know how you could ask for a class in a better place at a better time.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Ricardo,

zushwa hosts/coordinates quite a few courses with different instructors (including Larry Vickers) on the east coast.

Would any of these: http://www.greygrouptraining.biz/Sea...lts.asp?Cat=24 work for you?

Feedback Score

Cool Best Instructors!

R,
    I can strongly recommend Vickers if your just starting to take a few classes, I had my first class with him and wow, he opened my mind to all kinds of new things. The amount of thought he has in his subject is mind-blowing. After that I would strongly recommend a Coolie or a Hackathorn and if your up to it a Super Dave. A strong diet of ammo and gun scrubber and you'll be ready to take on the world, later!
    -Zef M.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post

Amen! Irv provides exellent opportunities to the people of Florida!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by abnartyguy View Post
    R,
    and if your up to it a Super Dave. A strong diet of ammo and gun scrubber and you'll be ready to take on the world, later!
    -Zef M.
    Speaking of Super D, anyone know what his open class schedule is for the Fall?

M_P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast