Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SUGGESTIONS ON TACTICAL SCHOOLS

Feedback Score

tactical schools

Henk Iverson. Strike Tactical Solutions. If you are ever in N. Indiana or IL, look up their class schedule. Lots of great info and concepts there; relevant, up to date info from a top use-of-force trainer as well. Fun classes, easy to understand and learn. You should show up with an understanding of basic gun handling skills, and at least have an idea of where the front sight is on the gun. Henk doesn't want to teach you to shoot, he wants to teach you how to fight.
    Iverson's classes are both enjoyable and informative. I have attended multiple times and have learned something new every single class.
    www.striketactical.com

S/F
    -R.J.
    "If you YUT them they will..."

Feedback Score
    I may be somewhat biased but LMS Defense hosts some great courses. Check them out at www.lmsdefense.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Blackwater is Disnayland for shooters

I took the Advanced Tactical Handgun Course and shot 5,000 rounds in 4 1/2 days. I had a great time and would go back with minutes notice. I met some great shooters and our instructor was top notch. They also have the Blackwater Alumni Association which is a nice benefit for future training.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Survival View Post
    I took the Advanced Tactical Handgun Course and shot 5,000 rounds in 4 1/2 days. I had a great time and would go back with minutes notice. I met some great shooters and our instructor was top notch. They also have the Blackwater Alumni Association which is a nice benefit for future training.
    I don't know what the whole BAA is about....they keep sending me mailings but I usually put them in the round file.

I haven't been there in over a year while but last I knew they had a former DEVGRU SEAL teaching the advanced handgun class (there's only one per year, usually) and he's a great instructor.

I wouldn't hesitate to take any class that had that instructor leading it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by meat View Post
    Henk Iverson. Strike Tactical Solutions.

www.striketactical.com
    I will second the recommendation for STRIKE tactical and Henk Iverson. He is a truly gifted instructor and has a fresh perspective on things that is probably different than what most people have experienced. He won't teach you anything that he is not absolutely convinced will work for you. While he does not teach "shooting," per se, his demand for accuracy is higher than most other instructors, so you'd better be able to shoot well under stress when you're exhausted. His qualifications at the end of the classes require 100% of the hits on an index card with a time limit. You only get the "successfully completed" on your certificate if you pass. He also demos all of the drills without live fire, then with live fire himself. He's a really good shooter, which while not 100% necessary to be a good teacher, it does instill confidence in the lessons.

In addition, he's a great guy. Many of the people I've met or encountered who have his level of personal intensity and practical experience have been total a**holes, but he is not. Even though the classes are all about "fighting," or rather prevailing in an armed conflict, he does not denigrate competition shooters as do so many other instructors. For those of us with feet in both worlds, that's a good thing.

The one downside is that his classes at the facility in Illinois are for civilian police and military types only. If you want to the Henk experience, you'll have to host him or go somewhere where he is doing a class that allows private citizens. I'll be hosting an open enrollment class in September of 2008 here in Indiana (no details yet; I haven't decided if it will be handgun, carbine, or both).

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I can only recommend who I have trained with and they were excellent

Pat Rogers
    Larry Vickers
    LMSdefense( good group of squared away guys)

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Amen! Irv provides exellent opportunities to the people of Florida!
    I also agree with everyone here about Irv's facility. S.E. is a great place.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123