Thread: Anyone have trouble with RRA 2 stage?

Feedback Score

Anyone have trouble with RRA 2 stage?

Mine will not drop the hammer with selector in place. Seems to work without selector. I tried several different selectors and receivers with same result. Should I file on the back end of the trigger, exchange for another one, or just give up on the whole deal?
    Thanks,
    The Puddingking

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    You probably will have to either replace the safety with one made by RRA or easier yet open up the notch that the trigger moves up into the selector as pull the trigger.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    I have a DPMS ambisafety, and the RRA 2 stage...no troubles at all.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My RRA carbine is approaching 5,000 rounds and i have had no problems with the 2 stage trigger. I had always planned to change it out, but it just keeps going and at this point I'm almost treating it like a torture test. I'm curious how many rounds I will see before it breaks.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Who made the selector and is the trigger new?

Generally what the problem is that the slot in the selector is not wide enough for the trigger to fit into. (locking it up). You can take a file or dremel tool and open up the slot a little and that should fix the problem.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 10-01-07 at 09:53.

Feedback Score
    The back of the trigger was narrow enough to fit in the slot on the selector. It was too tall. Instead of filing on the selector, I filed the trigger down. My thinking was fix the part causing the problem.

ETA- The trigger seemed very soft like there was no heat treating or hardening whatsoever. I don't know if that is normal for fcg parts, but it does not seem right.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Puddingking View Post
    The back of the trigger was narrow enough to fit in the slot on the selector. It was too tall. Instead of filing on the selector, I filed the trigger down. My thinking was fix the part causing the problem.

Hmm, interesting. That is a new problem that I have not seen before. Who made your selector?

C4

Feedback Score
    I tried several selectors. One of them was a Stag. The others were probably Bushwhacker and DPMS.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Puddingking View Post
    I tried several selectors. One of them was a Stag. The others were probably Bushwhacker and DPMS.

It is very possible that all of thsoe selectors came from the same place (CMT). I would suggest trying a LMT next time. When I cannot get a trigger to work with a CMT selector, I switch to LMT and have no more issues.

C4