Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winchester 1300

Feedback Score
    I put a TruGlo II 'Universal' green fiber optic front sight on mine, and bought a Hogue 12" LOP butt stock that I plan to install in the next couple of days.

I should post a couple of pictures here when I do that...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The first gun I ever bought was a 1300 slug gun from walmart while on Christmas exodus after basic training in 99'. Its changed a little since then; 18" defender barrel, tac star tube extension, speedfeed youth length stock set, and a krylon paint job. I love it, it practically pumps itself when you shoot it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I don't have the defender model, but I have a plain old 28" 1300. Got it used for $250 in beautiful, unfired condition. I agree, it tends to pump itself. If my hand is not interfering with the fore-end, it will blow the slide back, eject the shell and strip one out of the mag tube all on its own, even with low brass target loads. I own an Remington 870, a 1300, and a Mossberg 500. I think I prefer the 1300 for its smooth action. The only thing I don't like about it is the slide lock lever being so small. For a fighting gun, I have a 20" 590A1 with ghost rings and Speed feed stock but I wouldn't mind having an 18" cyl bore for the1300 just for giggles.

Feedback Score
    I put on the Hogue 12" LOP butt stock last night. It took me about 20 minutes, because I am a perfectionist. The Hogue bolt was about 3/4" longer than the stock bolt, was larger in diameter, and the washer is larger diameter, too. The bolt head was 13 mm. It feels good when shouldered compared to the stock version, but the first time I did it I had it out from my shoulder and had to make a conscious effort to pull it back to my shoulder because I was not used to the shorter length. The angle for me to sight down the barrel seems better than before. I took 10 pictures of the weapon after the switch, but cannot post them from here at work... I will do that ASAP.

I am glad I made the switch, so far... but shooting it will tell me for sure.

Feedback Score
    1300 was my first gun at 18 as well. I got stupid and sold it, will be trying to find another. I've had the 870 and the 500, but Winchester is still my favorite. I think it was the easiest to field strip out of all 3.

Feedback Score
    Here are pictures of my Defender... it is an earlier one than some I have seen, notice the cylinder-shaped forend.
    In the pictures you can see the entire shotgun side-view, a close-up of the Hogue 12" LOP butt stock, the TruGlo front sight, and the recoil pad...
    Last edited by Glock17JHP; 04-14-11 at 21:51.

Feedback Score
    Very nice looking stick I like that front sight. I used a smaller one in green to replace the brass bead on mine.

Feedback Score
    Just curious, does anyone have one of the newer made 1300s and are they as gtg as the older ones? I found this: http://www.winchesterguns.com/produc...12C&mid=512209 and thought it would be a pretty nice sg to get if the quality is the alright. BTW, I did a search, but it didn't quite help.
    "The most successful people are those who are good at plan B."
    -James Yorke

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."
    - Robert E. Lee

"Death is nature's way of telling you that you failed."
    -SAS Commando

Feedback Score
    If you look just a little lower than the picture of the shotgun in your link it says:
    (Note: The items listed on this page are not in current production. The MSRP listed here is the MSRP for the last year that this item was in the catalog. Images and descriptions shown do not necessarily represent the product in its entirety. They are shown for examples only.)
    So, you can't buy a new one... you might want to look for one at a big gun show...

But yes, the one shown is good...
    Last edited by Glock17JHP; 04-16-11 at 00:11.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock17JHP View Post
    If you look just a little lower than the picture of the shotgun in your link it says:
    (Note: The items listed on this page are not in current production. The MSRP listed here is the MSRP for the last year that this item was in the catalog. Images and descriptions shown do not necessarily represent the product in its entirety. They are shown for examples only.)
    So, you can't buy a new one... you might want to look for one at a big gun show...

But yes, the one shown is good...
    Oops. Hurray reading comprehension fail! Oh well, time to start looking at the used gun counters.
    Last edited by TheGreenRanger24; 04-16-11 at 12:46. Reason: Spelling fail . . . :sigh:
    "The most successful people are those who are good at plan B."
    -James Yorke

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."
    - Robert E. Lee

"Death is nature's way of telling you that you failed."
    -SAS Commando

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast