Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Winchester 1300

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Ha! I just made a thread about my own 1300. Mine isn't a Defender, it's set up as a traditional hunting gun though.

The thread I started asks how I can make it a more practical gun.

I really like the action and the placement of the action release. I personally prefer it to the 870 and I also feel like the action on this one is faster. I do appreciate the rotating bolt too. Naturally, this is the system that I have the most experience shooting. Not that I've ever done any real training; I'm just starting out. But I've shot at tons of clay pigeons with birdshot from this gun. I love it.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Re-Finished Winchester 1300 Defender 12Ga.

Here is the same 1300 Defender I posted earlier in the thread. I personally re-finished it in Cerakote "H" series products Magpul FDE and Graphite Black. I also did (2) H&K 5.56 magazines as well.
    This was my first attempt at Cerakoting. I fabricated a paint curing kiln (see Homemade paint curing oven thread for details) and got (2) airbrushes. I also used peices from an old Urban Hide kit that I built a while back as my rack to hold the lights and hang the parts for application of the Cerakote.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yup gotta love the 1300. They usually gobble up the Aguila mini shells pretty well. The story I heard was the Mexican company that makes the shells tested them in 1300s that were issued to some police agency in Mexico. The rotary bolt might be a bit faster than the 870/500; it used to be marketed with the name "speed pump" or something like that. The main difference between the 1300 and 1200 is the 1300 has a 3" chamber. The 1300 is no longer sold but the basic design is still being sold/produced by FN.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Love my 1300 Defender. I slapped on a fiber front sight and shell saddle. Has the smoothest pump action of any shotgun I own.

Feedback Score
    I finally got a chance to try the Aguila minishell slugs yesterday, fired 100 rounds and 1300 Defender loved them.

Now I just need to find more of these little bastards.
    http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member2468.png?9426

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123