Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Noob Alert! Just bought my first AR! Looking for advice...

Feedback Score

Cool

Interesting read...

However, it tells me nothing about CLP, and only addresses shooting a rifle for 20k+ rounds without cleaning. My guns get cleaned every single outing. Whether I fire just 10 rounds or 500 rounds, they get cleaned the very same day of the shoot. Anyway, I've had no issues with CLP. In fact, the only occasional misfires I've had with any of my guns are of course - with the 22LR, which is to be expected of rimfire.

It's interesting to read other opinions, of course. E.g. Everyone swore up and down that 1911s are the best. My experience has been quite the opposite, hence the CZ on the way. You can't win 'em all, I suppose.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    CLP is fine, nothing high class about it and nothing wrong with it, just another run of the mill gun oil.

The SWAT article author does mention that they used Slip 2000 EWL, which is in his opinion and many others to be high quality oil. When you're out of CLP, give it a try and see if you notice a difference.

1911's are the 20th century quintessential(sp?) American handgun, which is why it was suggested to you. It carries with it alot of modern American history including being literally carried through WWI & WWII, Korea and Vietnam. Having been in service for 100 years now in one capacity or another, among American shooters it is one of the favorite guns but it's debatable what's "best".

For a finely tuned, very accurate, bullseye competition handgun; the 1911 platform is very robust. For a modern combat handgun where slow fire bullseye accuracy standards are not the focus, many would choose a higher capacity, lighter handgun.

I hope you like your CZ.
    Last edited by Moltke; 11-16-11 at 12:39.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Congrats on your latest purchase. I am a new AR owner as well, but haven't even been out to the range yet or purchased my sights. (much more limited selection of weapons here in California, so I got a S&W M&P 15)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567