Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Noob Alert! Just bought my first AR! Looking for advice...

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Welcome to madness...

I was told long ago... buy ammo and shoot, shoot, shoot...

Feedback Score
    Congrats on the purchase.

You may (all though it is highly debatable) have just purchased the best AR on the market. Now go shoot the thing!
    Taken from a random Sniper's Hide Post
    It's really hard to judge by the size, but that [critter] looks to be in the class of "Big Mother ****er" and perhaps the family of "Stay the **** Back"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Find ManBearPig! View Post
    Congrats on the purchase.

You may (all though it is highly debatable) have just purchased the best AR on the market. Now go shoot the thing!
    I'm actually very, very excited. Can't wait to go the range and fire it! Just need to field strip it today and give it some CLP love before heading out. I'm a TOTAL stickler for cleaning before the first shoot, and cleaning after every shoot. Whether 5 rounds or 500 rounds, my guns get cleaned every time. Keeps me feeling good about it.

Maybe a triple-tap, next?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    HTML Code:
    1.) S&W 686 Pro SSR
    2.) S&W M&P 9mm Pro
    3.) Remington 870 
    4.) Browning Buck Mark Camper URX
    5.) S&W Bodyguard .380
    6.) S&W M&P 15-22
    No 1911? A collection isn't a collection without one.

Seriously, welcome to the greatest country in the world and shoot the crap out of all your weapons.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    You bought one of the finest examples of the AR system for your first, well done.

My ex wife was working in Nottingham a few years back, I'd go over to visit every once in a while. Her flat was across the street from a militaria shop, and I'd go over to talk with the lads when I could.

They had a room full of "Relics of Empire", Sniders, Martini-Henry's, Sharps, Spencer's, etc. All sold "off license" because you couldn't easily get ammo for them. Lots of deactivated Soviet bloc weaponry, incliding a 14.5mm PTRS anti tank rifle.

We would talk about how far Britain had fallen in regards to firearms rights. Once the center of competitive shooting, your Olympic pistol team now has to go to France to practice.

Damn shame.

Well, welcome to the Colonies!
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by browneu View Post
    HTML Code:
    1.) S&W 686 Pro SSR
    2.) S&W M&P 9mm Pro
    3.) Remington 870 
    4.) Browning Buck Mark Camper URX
    5.) S&W Bodyguard .380
    6.) S&W M&P 15-22
    No 1911? A collection isn't a collection without one.

Seriously, welcome to the greatest country in the world and shoot the crap out of all your weapons.
    I've been trying to resist a 1911 for so, so long. It really is a gun I don't feel hugely attracted to for some reason, though I recognize its awesomeness. I may pick one up down the road a ways..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    You bought one of the finest examples of the AR system for your first, well done.

My ex wife was working in Nottingham a few years back, I'd go over to visit every once in a while. Her flat was across the street from a militaria shop, and I'd go over to talk with the lads when I could.

They had a room full of "Relics of Empire", Sniders, Martini-Henry's, Sharps, Spencer's, etc. All sold "off license" because you couldn't easily get ammo for them. Lots of deactivated Soviet bloc weaponry, incliding a 14.5mm PTRS anti tank rifle.

We would talk about how far Britain had fallen in regards to firearms rights. Once the center of competitive shooting, your Olympic pistol team now has to go to France to practice.

Damn shame.

Well, welcome to the Colonies!
    You use the word "flat" and it makes me melt... ahhh... Wish there were more people like you around me. England definitely has a-fallen regarding firearms rights. I fully admit I've no idea what it would take to be able to own one, but I think it's close to impossible these days. Farmers being one exception, I'd imagine.

Oh well, now I live in one of the most liberal states in the US - Washington. I'm amazed the FBI haven't been knocking on my door. After all, how many permanent residents go and buy 7 guns in 7 weeks? That could be a movie....

Introducing the sequel to "Two Weeks Notice", "7 Guns, 7 Weeks."
    Last edited by WilliamG; 04-02-11 at 12:56.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
    I'm actually very, very excited. Can't wait to go the range and fire it! Just need to field strip it today and give it some CLP love before heading out. I'm a TOTAL stickler for cleaning before the first shoot, and cleaning after every shoot. Whether 5 rounds or 500 rounds, my guns get cleaned every time. Keeps me feeling good about it.

Maybe a triple-tap, next?
    You don't need to clean it that much. A good cleaning every 1000 rounds, and some some lube every once and while, and you will be fine.
    Taken from a random Sniper's Hide Post
    It's really hard to judge by the size, but that [critter] looks to be in the class of "Big Mother ****er" and perhaps the family of "Stay the **** Back"

Feedback Score
    Hahaha. Yeah... I think the ATF might be a-knockin on your door soon.
    "What if I told you 'Oorah, Yut-yut, Semper Fi, Devil Dog'?"
    The two loudest sounds in the world are a gun going boom when you want it to go click, and a gun going click when you want it to go boom

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by browneu View Post
    [HTML]No 1911? A collection isn't a collection without one. ...
    ...or a Garand. Or a 10/22. Or an old Smelly (SMLE), especially for a bloke. Or an O3-A3...

Hey William, where in WA are you? Edmonds here, which is just north of Seattle. Have you been to the Regional Training Groups section and sign in on the Pacific Northwest Training and Networking subforum?
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast