Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Noob Alert! Just bought my first AR! Looking for advice...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I dont think anybody here is going to laugh at you for buying an SR15 E3. No such thing as too much rifle. Congrats on a great purchase! Throw some nice optics on it and go shoot the shit out of her.

Also, can we ban the word noob?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    ...or a Garand. Or a 10/22. Or an old Smelly (SMLE), especially for a bloke. Or an O3-A3...

Hey William, where in WA are you? Edmonds here, which is just north of Seattle. Have you been to the Regional Training Groups section and sign in on the Pacific Northwest Training and Networking subforum?
    I'm in Seattle. Currently shooting at West Coast Armory. I really like it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    I dont think anybody here is going to laugh at you for buying an SR15 E3. No such thing as too much rifle. Congrats on a great purchase! Throw some nice optics on it and go shoot the shit out of her.

Also, can we ban the word noob?
    lol. I threw an Eotech EXPS3-0 on there. It's really nice!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamG
    I'm in Seattle. Currently shooting at West Coast Armory.
    Have you shot with the "Friday Night Rifle League" there? When they were over at Wade's, I tried it out a couple of times.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
    lol. I threw an Eotech EXPS3-0 on there. It's really nice!
    Yea I went back and re-read that. I had a special moment. The EXPS line seems to be an improvement of old. I never had any problems with my 512 but I know some other people sure did. The EXPS series seems to be fairing a little better. It's definately better in that it takes up much less rail space than the older models and is lighter.

Feedback Score
    I need to check out the leagues, for sure!

Question: When I tilt the rifle up and down, I hear something "sliding around." I think it's coming from the buffer tube.

Any idea what that sound could be? Definitely freaking me out!

*waits for someone to tell me it's a spring and it's normal*
    Last edited by WilliamG; 04-02-11 at 16:29.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's normal, the sound is coming from your buffer.

Feedback Score
    LOL - You really blew your load once you got across the pond. Sounds like a nice collection.

Feedback Score
    thats awesome...took me a year to get 4 guns...you got more in just a few months...good shit.not go out and shoot them

Feedback Score
    Just got back from the range! Wheeeeee! So much fun! I knew I wouldn't be able to control myself, so I just brought with me 100 rounds of Remington .223 55 grain. Every one fired every time with no issues. Freaked me out a little as the factory oils burned off and out through the trigger a little for the first few rounds!

But so, so, so much fun. AND, it gets better. One of the range instructors came over and saw me zeroing the rifle and was super impressed that I was shooting a Stoner, and in exchange for a few rounds through it he gave me a lesson that lasted over an hour. Taught me all sorts of things like correct posture, correct hand grip on my AFG etc. WELL WORTH IT!

Anyway, I feel like I got waaay more out of my first excursion that I thought I would. So awesome! Got it zeroed through the iron sights and through my Eotech EXPS3-0. All running great!

After 100 rounds I was able to make fist-sized groupings at 25 yards, hand-held. I felt pretty good about that, since 25-yards is the furthest I can shoot at this range.

Now... to buy more ammo!
    Last edited by WilliamG; 04-03-11 at 02:25.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Haha, he's hooked!
    Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force. - Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast