Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Noob Alert! Just bought my first AR! Looking for advice...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
    Haha, he's hooked!
    What a terribly true thing you just stated!

Feedback Score
    Just took a quick picture! This is where I'll be in my bathroom, looking out the door when the zombie apocalypse hits!

Mods:

AR15 Hogue grip
    GripPod LE
    Magpul AFG v1
    Eotech EXPS3-0 holographic sight
    UTG flashlight/laser combo
    Magpul PMAG 30
    Magpul Ranger mag plate
    My awesomeness
    Last edited by WilliamG; 04-03-11 at 02:24.

Feedback Score
    Great rifle there! Thought I must say that's the first time I've seen a grip pod AND an AFG on one rifle. =P If it's just the bi-pod you're after, you may be able to save some weight by putting an actual bipod on there... I've got a grip pod I use for my service rifle, and I know it's pretty weighty. But hey, it's your baby. Put all the ninjafied doodads ya want on her. Who am I to stop ya! Lol.

Welcome to the dark side! (ya know... they're black rifles?... )
    "What if I told you 'Oorah, Yut-yut, Semper Fi, Devil Dog'?"
    The two loudest sounds in the world are a gun going boom when you want it to go click, and a gun going click when you want it to go boom

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tbaytusmc View Post
    Great rifle there! Thought I must say that's the first time I've seen a grip pod AND an AFG on one rifle. =P If it's just the bi-pod you're after, you may be able to save some weight by putting an actual bipod on there... I've got a grip pod I use for my service rifle, and I know it's pretty weighty. But hey, it's your baby. Put all the ninjafied doodads ya want on her. Who am I to stop ya! Lol.

Welcome to the dark side! (ya know... they're black rifles?... )
    You're right! I should clarify! The GripPod is NOT on there usually! I use it at the range to zero my sight, and for occasional bench use. However, I just put it on tonight for picture taking to get the rifle to stand up! For "normal" use it's definitely not on there! I'm an AFG dude all the way.
    Last edited by WilliamG; 04-03-11 at 02:23.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by browneu View Post
    HTML Code:
    1.) S&W 686 Pro SSR
    2.) S&W M&P 9mm Pro
    3.) Remington 870 
    4.) Browning Buck Mark Camper URX
    5.) S&W Bodyguard .380
    6.) S&W M&P 15-22
    No 1911? A collection isn't a collection without one.

Seriously, welcome to the greatest country in the world and shoot the crap out of all your weapons.
    +1. Now that you are over here experiencing the benefits of a written Constitution, you really need to get quintessential American pistol. Should have been your 1st pistol. 100 years old and still the #1 pistol in the US!
    The 870 is a classic though.

Feedback Score
    Haha.

I know, I know... But I need to buy guns I really love! I haven't found an M1911 that calls to me..... yet. I think I will have one before the end of the year; just need to find that "one." I greatly appreciate a worked-on trigger and good ergonomics, so I will keep my eyes peeled...

Feedback Score
    Very nice collection you got so far! Either you did your research or you got really lucky with your first AR purchase

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    Very nice collection you got so far! Either you did your research or you got really lucky with your first AR purchase
    The funny thing is that I didn't do all THAT much research, really. I held every AR15 I could get my hands on, and just liked the feel of the SR-15's trigger, weight, ambi controls etc a thousand times more than other ARs. It was that simple, really. And shooting it tonight reaffirmed I made the right decision. I'm still a bit giddy. May have to go fire it later Sunday again with the missus.
    Last edited by WilliamG; 04-03-11 at 02:44.

Feedback Score
    I was looking at brakes, and I think I'd like a Battlecomp to reduce muzzle rise, but I'm confused as to which one I want. 1.0? 1.5? 2.0? So confusing!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
    ... England definitely has a-fallen regarding firearms rights.....
    England has fallen in every regard. Socially, binge drinking and puking are the national pastimes. I am, like my warrior ancestors, father, uncles, grandfather, who fought with the Brits, and some of the older ones who fought against the Brits, an Anglophile but there's less and less to love. I think the British example is so stark because they were the pinnacle of civilization and held a high position from which to fall. Over the years I've only met one Brit I didn't like and I think he was Americanized. Anyhoo, I don't see a bolt action rifle in that list. You need that most American of firearms, a good bolt action 30-06!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast