Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Prices

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

New Prices

I just looked on TOS ammo forum, the prices are now at $480+shipping for 1k of q3131a, or even Federal AE. M855 is $599 per k, again, before shipping. This is unreal I'm honestly in shock, as a young shooter, I'm literally unable to continue my hobby in any degree beyond fondling and dry-firing. I might as well live in the UK with de-acts at this point.

Will people still buy this? How can they? My god, is there anyone who is willing to shell out six hundred dollars for 2-3 range trips? That's 200-300 DOLLARS per range trip, is there anyone who can honestly afford that? $200 dollars to shoot 11 mags? How many of you would pay that?

If people do not buy it, the prices must come down, right? Who could buy it? How can prices be that high, who the hell would purchase it? What idiot is so stupid to think that such a purchase is anything other than foolish and wasteful?

What the hell is happening?

I have 2k stashed and the way things look, I may buy a dedicated 22lr upper and be done with this, its pathetic, if that means no more center fire action, so be it, I'm taking my ball and going home, prison-yard-sodomy-ball ain't that fun of a game anyways.

This is just too much for me to take in at once, I can't believe its this darn expensive, I had told myself "They'll never price it above .40 per round, they can't do it, no one will buy it..." But to find that it is not only well above .40, but approaching .50, or in some cases .60, that's simply too much.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Try Federal Value Packs at WM for $57.88 or so for 200, if they have them, or Remington UMC for $6.47/20. For MADE IN USA it's about as good as it gets.

Earn more money or spend less on other stuff. That's about it.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
    Try Federal Value Packs at WM for $57.88 or so for 200, if they have them, or Remington UMC for $6.47/20. For MADE IN USA it's about as good as it gets.

Earn more money or spend less on other stuff. That's about it.
    My WalMart carries neither.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Handload!

For $599 you can get:

1000xM855. Afterward, you will have 1000 pieces of brass and some happy memories.

or

Lee progressive loader with .223 dies, an RCBS small-base X-Die, a case trimmer, a powder scale, a 5# can of Reloder 15, 1000 small rifle primers, and 1000 Nosler 77gr match bullets, all from MidwayUSA. I suggest 23.9gr RL-15 and seat the 77s to just under mag length. These loads will produce half the group sizes, and (like me) you can go around bragging that you use Mk 262 just like the Navy SEALs. You HAVE been picking up your brass, haven't you?

Afterward, you will have 1000 pieces of brass, and even happier memories, and you'll still be loading quasi-Mk 262 for maybe 25 cents per round. If 55gr FMJ comes up for bulk sale again, make that 15 cents per round.
    When life gives you lemons, insert copper and zinc wires in them and repeatedly shock your tongue.

Feedback Score
    best prices I have found are at cccammo.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think I have plenty of M855 and M193, but when is enough...enough??

Here is a link for Federal M855 for $399/1000. A few of my bud's have picked

this up......no problems.

https://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail...-XM855-qty1000

It looks nice and soon it will be gone like the rest.

Feedback Score
    My outlook on that is people need to do what it takes to earn the money to support whatever hobbies they have.

Don't cry, get a higher paying job to support your habit

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twodollarbill View Post
    I think I have plenty of M855 and M193, but when is enough...enough??

Here is a link for Federal M855 for $399/1000. A few of my bud's have picked

this up......no problems.

https://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail...-XM855-qty1000

It looks nice and soon it will be gone like the rest.
    Whats amazing with whts happned wth prices is that these are Pull Downs and people are still paying through the nose for them.

Feedback Score
    I was at Gander Mountain yesterday and they had Q3131 at $12.99 a box. Wolk was "only" $5.75 or something like that. Being that the Q3131 was higher than the Win 30-30 I think material cost have little to do with the price increase.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast