5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BushmasterFanBoy View Post
    What the hell is happening?
    The war.

I wonder exactly how much you could buy from Colt or Winchester during WW2

Bob

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I agree that the prices are getting ridiculous. Luckily, I purchased the bulk of my .223 ammo before prices skyrocketed. What I've done in the interim is purchase small batches here and there. Every trip to Wally World, regardless for what, will include the purchase of a few boxes of .223 and 9mm.

I won't be paying the $450+ per 1000rds in one order, though. Supply and Demand are the key here. If people continue paying for it, prices will continue to skyrocket.

I recommend you get yourself a .22LR and an AK-74. Ammo for both is significantly cheaper. Even non-corrosive 5.45 X 39 ammo is a deal compared to the .223 prices out there now.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." –Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    there is some Prvi coming soon, it should be in the $325 area,

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flanntastic View Post
    there is some Prvi coming soon, it should be in the $325 area,
    Let us know when and where it lands.

Joe Mamma
    "Reliability above all else"
    NRA Certified Pistol and Rifle Instructor, Life Member
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Beretta & Sig Sauer Certified Pistol Armorer
    Colt Certified 1911 & AR-15/M16/M4 Law Enforcement Armorer

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Shoot less. I'm surprised at how some people go out and blast thru 5.56 ammo like it's 22 LR.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Buy a Ceiner kit. That's what I did. Blackdog Machine makes mags for it that are identical in size to standard 30 round 5.56 mags.
    Just one of the Shepherd's sheepdogs. Joshua 24:15

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    Shoot less. I'm surprised at how some people go out and blast thru 5.56 ammo like it's 22 LR.
    I shoot about 2k of 5.56 in a year. I go shooting 1 or 2 times a month for about 6 months out of the year, usually with 220-300 rounds a trip. That's perhaps 6-12 (leaning towards 12 ) range trips annually with 2-300 rounds each. If thats pissing through ammo, then I don't want to see what conserving it looks like.

Feedback Score
    Ya' gotta start reloading. Even with component prices up 25%, after you amortize the cost of processed, once fired brass over 6 reloads, the final cost with delivery and Haz Mat fees is still under $200/ 1,000.

Tack

Feedback Score

Reloading

The other plus to realoading is that on top of the cheaper Per round costs, the individual components can be picked up a little here a little there and put together whenever time permits. I can usually grab a 15$ 1lb can of powder or 30$ box of bulk Bullets or a few thousand Primers without too much budget distress. Whenever I see a good deal I will grab 1000 once fired brass for next to nothing. Then when I get board I set in front of the TV (Like I did today for about 4 hours) and trim etc.. Very relaxing for me. The 400$ I shelled out for 1000 Frangible is the first centerfire ammo purchase i have made in years. and was Very stressfull It was mostly a result of the scarcity of ammo and a desire to have some on hand to store.

" 223 FRANGIBLE U.S.G.I. - 50 GRAIN BULLET
    REDUCED RICOCHET - LOW PENETRATION
    UNITED STATES GOVT. ISSUE IN SEALED G.I. AMMO CANS
    GREAT FOR INDOOR RANGES - BRAND NEW (SEE PICS)

FANTASTIC VARMINT, CLOSE QUARTERS
    OR HOME DEFENSE ROUND"

I hope I like this ammo anyone else try it?

Ricky

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky_arthur View Post

I hope I like this ammo anyone else try it?
    Sounds like the Federal NT round. Very good ammo. And the brass is good for reloading... not like the FC brass on the old commercial federal American eagle.

This round will tear up 1/4" mild steel targets... nearly penetrates them. It will penetrate 2X4s turned sideways and still hit a gong. On heavier duty gongs, it just leaves small copper colored stain where the bullet hits.

There's a lot of misinformation on Bad frangible out there. (Kabooms and poor accuracy) But this stuff is not the same ammo that many of the booger eaters will mistake it for.

I shot a sub 2moa group at 100 yards with an 11.5" 1/7 twist barrel using irons with this stuff... just to disprove the inaccuracy babble that people were posting on TOS.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast