Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Prices

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    Sounds like the Federal NT round. Very good ammo. And the brass is good for reloading... not like the FC brass on the old commercial federal American eagle.

This round will tear up 1/4" mild steel targets... nearly penetrates them. It will penetrate 2X4s turned sideways and still hit a gong. On heavier duty gongs, it just leaves small copper colored stain where the bullet hits.

There's a lot of misinformation on Bad frangible out there. (Kabooms and poor accuracy) But this stuff is not the same ammo that many of the booger eaters will mistake it for.

I shot a sub 2moa group at 100 yards with an 11.5" 1/7 twist barrel using irons with this stuff... just to disprove the inaccuracy babble that people were posting on TOS.
    Note.....This is second hand from one of the more reputable barrel manufacturers on this sight, but believed to be deemed credible...

"Frangible ammo will significantly increase the wear and burn out of your barrel."

My MRP barrels are $466.00 (plus a new bolt). I treat them with kid gloves, and this is why I am scaling down my practice ammo loads to just be able to cycle the weapon. Nothing more, and nothing less. Nothing more is needed IMO.

That being said, I can't tell the difference between a 3200 FPS load, and a 2800 FPS load when training. The difference in recoil is negligible, so I don't think I'm giving up any "SHTF" experience that will make me less likely to handle any appreciable recoil.

Tack

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by toddackerman View Post
    Note.....This is second hand from one of the more reputable barrel manufacturers on this sight, but believed to be deemed credible...

"Frangible ammo will significantly increase the wear and burn out of your barrel."
    That is quite possible. But I'd need more info on the specifics on why that is.

If the individual is talking about the actual compressed material erroding the barrel, well, Federal NTs have a jacket over the Frangible portion of the bullet. So I'd guess it'd be no worse than any other long, copper jacketed bullet.

I'd have to have more info before I could understand that broad statment.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123