Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spike's Tactical .22LR upper and BDM full size mag report

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Remmington Thunderbolt ammo should be avoided in any .22 IMO. This stuff leads barrels like nobody's business.

Stick with the Federal 550 rould bulk packs at Wallyworld. Consistant, Reliable and cheaper than most anything else.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Wow caporider, that is some serious dedication to put that much additional money into a .22!

I was thinking I'd put a Tacpoint on mine (once I get it) and possibly a YHM rail.
    Well, it helps that I had a lot of stuff left over from previous builds (e.g. optics, BUIS, etc). I have decided I'd like to focus on a single configuration and get REALLY good with it. Besides, as many have pointed out, the savings in ammo over time will pay for the upper.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    I'm glad you are enjoying the new blaster.
    Kinda fun to go out and shoot 550 rounds for 12 bucks, ain't it?
    I sent ya a email.

Thanks,
    Ray
    Ray
    Spike's Tactical R&D Flunky

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Ray, I just ordered a mag, but maybe you can give me the good or bad news ahead o' time-- what is the chance of that mag working with another .22 top end, for 'xample a Victor Arms (CZ)? the mag that came with it was poor. I have modified a DPMS mag and it works well..... figured one of yours would be great if it either works with the CZ or can be made to work....

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Here's an updated pic of the Spike's Tactical upper on a dedicated SBR lower (top), along with my 6.8SPC SBR for comparison.

Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Dang Caporider....sweet!
    NOT in training for combat deployment.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonrider657 View Post
    Now I know what I want for Christmas!

-
    Indeed. I think I have just found my Christmas present as well. I have a complete lower locked in the safe, just waiting for the right upper.

I believe I just found its mate.

Caporider, thanks very much for the pictures and the information.

Feedback Score
    So why not just run a regular Ciener bolt in your standard AR setup for training purposes ?? What do you get for the extra $200??? Im curious,because I will soon be doing a .22 conversion of some sort as a training setup as well..Probably within the next week or so..

Feedback Score
    The 22's shoot dirty and it is nice to have a dedicated upper for this. Lead from the 22's can get in the gas port as well. The accuract should be better with a dedicated chamber and bbl. I like a dedicated 22 entire gun so you can use a folding stock and really reduce the weight with a reduced wt bbl.
    C Reed Knight III
    Knight's Armament Co.
    http://www.knightarmco.com/

Feedback Score
    Plus .22lr barrels have a different bore size, and twist rates which will help you get more out of a dedicated barrel.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast