Thread: medium contour

Feedback Score

medium contour

What, exactly, does "medium contour" refer to? My understanding is that it has do do with the barrel and its durability vs. a gov't profile barrel. I just don't know what it measures.

I poked around with the search function but didn't find the answer. Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't think it has much to do with the barrel's durability. I think it's more to it's profile. And one person's medium is not neccessarily another's medium. Can you be more specific as to which manufacturer's barrel you are asking about?

-RD62

Feedback Score
    CMMG is the manufacturer I had in mind when I posted.

Feedback Score
    Barrel diameter between a hbar & a gov't profile. CMMG medcon's are about 3-4oz heavier than a gov't profile.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." --George Orwell--

Feedback Score
    Thanks. That was what I was looking for.

Feedback Score
    you get a little more "meat" in front of the chamber

Feedback Score
    I had planned to get CMMG's lightweight profile until I read more and more people's satisfaction with the medium. Then I found the following estimates of weight: HBAR 2.7 lbs, medium 2.4, gov't 2.2. Does anyone have a rough estimate of CMMG's LW weight?

Secondly, I'm amazed at reading why so many think the HBAR is so darned heavy, whereas the medium is the cat's meow. Three oz.?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by carbinero View Post
    Secondly, I'm amazed at reading why so many think the HBAR is so darned heavy, whereas the medium is the cat's meow. Three oz.?
    Think of the way you hold the gun, and realize that the 3 oz is hanging out at the end of a lever. To understand it better, pick up a shovel at the blade end, and then pick it up at the opposite end. Barrel weight is cantilevered weight so it is more noticeable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by carbinero View Post
    I had planned to get CMMG's lightweight profile until I read more and more people's satisfaction with the medium. Then I found the following estimates of weight: HBAR 2.7 lbs, medium 2.4, gov't 2.2. Does anyone have a rough estimate of CMMG's LW weight?

A hbar is about 1lb heavier than a LW.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." --George Orwell--