Thread: EOTech question

Feedback Score

EOTech question

Sorry if the question has been raised before but

-just mounted my new EOTech 512 on my Bushy A3 and seems like the Front Sight Post is obstructing the reticle.
    -Is it normal or do I have to get a higher mount adapter? If I keep my both eyes open I can sort of "overlap" the reticle to the target...

Thanks for the help
    IOC

Feedback Score
    You can mount it directly to your flat top upper or get a riser to have the FSB in the lower 1/3. So unless you have a flip up front sight, it's gonna be visible through your glass. Really not a big deal since you should be focusing on the target & not the reticle. The front sight & reticle should be fuzzy as you focus on the target. The FSB being "in the way" is pretty much a non-issue...for most anyway.

And...you should have both eyes open when sighting with an Eotech or other CQB sight.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." --George Orwell--

Feedback Score
    Roger Gunny! Thanks for the reply, I'm wonder about zeroing it though, if the FSB's blocking the reticle specifically the "Dot" seems to be difficult to put that "Dot" on the bull's eye.

Semper Fi!
    IOC
    MCRD PI

Feedback Score
    IOC- It is normal.
    If you feel that the FSB is "obstructing the reticle, you need to shift focus from the dot and the FSB to the target.
    Look through the dot (when you accomplish this you'll see what i mean).

As the GunnerySergeant says, keep both eyes open. It's amazing what you can see!!

Feedback Score
    Thank you Pat, hope to have the opportunity to work your course one day!

Semper Fi

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat_Rogers View Post
    IOC- It is normal.
    If you feel that the FSB is "obstructing the reticle, you need to shift focus from the dot and the FSB to the target.
    Look through the dot (when you accomplish this you'll see what i mean).

As the GunnerySergeant says, keep both eyes open. It's amazing what you can see!!
    YutYut...Gunner beat me to it...on my way to the quarterdeck to self destruct now.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." --George Orwell--

Feedback Score
    Roger IOC, i'll be in Columbia SC in Dec. If not, look forward to sometime else.
    FWIW, i have an upcoming article in SWAT called (fortuitously) "Running the Red Dot Sight".

Gunny- Stand easy, and grab two beers. Time to take the pack off

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat_Rogers View Post
    FWIW, i have an upcoming article in SWAT called (fortuitously) "Running the Red Dot Sight".
    I can't wait! You probably don't know this Mr. Rogers but you're my biggest fan . Seriously now, I look forward to SWAT because of your articles! I raise my glass to you sir.
    "Most standards are set low to accomodate the bottom feeders of life who lack the personal pride, motivation and determination to rise above the rest." - Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the kind words MOJO. However, Mr Rogers was my Dad- please call me Pat!