Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adams Arms 7.5 PDW gel test with GD and TBBC (gel data added)

Feedback Score
    So where does that place the Winchester load that the FBI approved at the same time as the TBBC?

Feedback Score
    Like I noted in the second paragraph here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=19881

Feedback Score
    It is too bad there seem to be no cheap bullets which are good for barriers followed by soft targets.

I see in that link you have a list of decent barrier loads, and the Remington Core-Lokt ultrabonded is listed along with the 223 version of the TBBC.

How does the Remington 62 grain bonded fit into the Gold Dot vs TBBC range vs Mk318?

How much better, if any, is the Barnes 50 TSX compared to the Remington 62 bonded?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you don't mind me asking, what medium were you firing these projectiles into? What were the penetration depths?

Impressive projectile performance regardless though.

Feedback Score
    There is some info here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=26127&page=2

I'd put the Rem Core-Lokt above the Gold Dot and below the TBBC--probably on par with the TSX, although it is hard to accurately compare given the different pressues..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what medium were you firing these projectiles into? What were the penetration depths?

Impressive projectile performance regardless though.
    These two were just straight ballistic gelatin.

They also fired them through the common barriers during the testing - glass, drywall and some clothing I believe. I wasn't there for that part of the test. I got there right before they tore down and had em shoot those two rds for me. They both penetrated @ 17-18". I'll try to get the pictures from the rest of the testing and the data to go with it and pass it on.
    "When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." -Chief Tecumseh

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xpd54 View Post
    These two were just straight ballistic gelatin.

They also fired them through the common barriers during the testing - glass, drywall and some clothing I believe. I wasn't there for that part of the test. I got there right before they tore down and had em shoot those two rds for me. They both penetrated @ 17-18". I'll try to get the pictures from the rest of the testing and the data to go with it and pass it on.
    Once again, simply curious, but was it properly calibrated BG?

I am eager to see some data with intermediate barriers.

ETA: OK I understand the context now. I would assume it must have been for such testing. It is impressive to see these results from an 7.5" AR.
    Last edited by decodeddiesel; 04-09-11 at 22:35.

Feedback Score
    All right. I have the results from the testing in an excel file. Who can host it so we can put it in the thread. I can't. Photobucket wont do it.
    "When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." -Chief Tecumseh

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xpd54 View Post
    You had a .40SW expand to 1.74 inches?
    --------------------
    "Sir, the gentlemen of the press are here. I tried to hold them back, but they forced their way through by putting money in me hand."
    -- Willium "Mate" Cobblers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast