Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Utah - Local gun shop employees are D-bags....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by novak1911freak View Post
    The first place rhymes with the word Fug's
    The second place was the WVC/Taylorsville version of the large Ogden outlet
    The third rhymes with Gortman's Hairhouse

I couldn't agree more with what you and Templar said.... I am going to have to only buy ammo from the wal mart......
    LMAO, this is classic. I'm going to use these names each time I visit them now. I can't stand dealing with smug opinionated sales people.

Feedback Score
    Impact Tards.

Feedback Score
    Makes you wonder if management realizes what a put-off to potential customers their employee's behaviors and attitudes are at times. If there was a way to quantify the bottom line effect, they might sponser some human interaction training. Unfortunately this line of work attracts "the type".

Feedback Score
    It's definitely frustrating. That's why I have relationships with local shops and FFL's.

They get get anything, and even if I have to spend a few extra bucks...I am glad to do it. I'd hate to envision a world where ONLY large chain gun shops exist.

I was at "The Hairhouse" as the OP called it...looking to purchase either a Sig Mosquito or a Walther P22 for my daughter's upcoming 8th birthday (I know...I am either the world's worst or best dad), and the girl picked up the P22, without verifying that it was clear and PULLED THE TRIGGER.

We all know...number one...don't dry fire a .22. But really? ALL the other things wrong with what she did gave me an acid ball in my stomach.

"Thank you...but I changed my mind" was all I said as I left sha
    king my head.

I wasn't going to get on the safety soapbox and preach to an atheist...I just left, went to a mom and pop shop another 20 miles away, and got the "Raspberry" Mosquito...for about $10.00 more, BUT...they threw in a brick of .22...so it worked out nicely.

It's also funny to see some of the people IN the stores. The 450lb guys wearing Oakleys and cargo britches from the local big & tall, talking about "peice of kit" and "training scars" and alluding to their VAST experience in "Dirtistan" and "The Agency". I'm not going to throw too many stones at some of them...but I think if you have a LOT of experience in "Dirtistan" climbing up and down them big ole' hills...you MIGHT not be carrying another big feller in your pants.

Oh well. We do the best we can.
    "If you take your hands off the back of my cruiser one more time, I will make your birth certificate a worthless document!"

Extend, Touch, Press

Feedback Score
    Here's a resurrection of this thread due to this magical find:

The gun store song

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B52U View Post
    Here's a resurrection of this thread due to this magical find:

The gun store song
    Ha ha that is classic! The "tacticool song" he wrote is really funny too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_PIt...eature=related

As for Utah, there is definitely asshats in a lot of the guns stores. My preferred store for actually buying guns is still Gallensons. They have always had the best prices IMO.

Feedback Score
    I was informed by an employee of one of the best stores here in Arkansas, a large store with toys a plenty, that most commercial AR's come from the factory with 16.5 and 17 inch barrels. The model I was asking about was a 14.5 midlength. Really dude!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TOrrock View Post
    You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
    Gonna have to steal this.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Im necroposting this but i agree with the utah gun shops are mostly douches, unfortunately its not just up north, i live in St. George and most of the 'good old boys' here shouldnt ever deal with customers. I'm getting tired of going to the main local place (ryhmes with pixie dumb and wish) trying to order something and everytime they say it'll be here in a week and they'll call me when it gets in and 2 weeks go by and after never getting a call i find out they never even bothered ordering it. i dont know how they are business anymore, while his prices are good it takes more than good prices to have return customers, and yet all i hear from the locals is how good dick treats his customers yet ive never seen it. Its pretty bad when the big box SW employees outclass them in customer service and product knowledge in almost every category, its getting to the point that its worth paying a little more at the big box to actually be treated like a human being.

Ok rant over.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 06-20-12 at 00:02.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have been so conditioned by some of the conversations I have overheard at local gun shops that I cringe every time I hear someone that is new to firearms ask a question. I just assume that they are going to get bad advice. I was actually very pleasantly surprised a few months ago when I was buying some 12 ga shells at the Walmart in American Fork when I heard a young woman ask the older gentleman behind the counter a question about firearms and she received a very knowledgeable , polite and non-condescending answer that was 100% correct. I remember leaving thinking that it was a shame that I just assumed that they guy behind the counter would either give her bad advice or make her feel dumb for asking a question.

I also had a great experience at the small town gun shop in the town I grew up in South Carolina a few months ago when I took my 65 year old mom out to get her a carry pistol (at her request). I had pointed her in he direction of some pistols that I thought would be a good fit for her and as we are looking at different models she asked the guy behind the counter which one he thought she should get. I instinctively roll my eyes waiting for him to pull out a Taurus Judge, but instead he tells her that he would suggest that she try out several different models from quality manufacturers and pick the one that felt best in her hand and she would feel best about carrying and then buy enough ammo to get plenty of practice with it. I thought that was solid advice. We ended up leaving with a hammerless Ruger LCR .38 Special and a few boxes of ammo.
    Join Gun Owners of America Here

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true. - The Bodasafa

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast