Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Utah - Local gun shop employees are D-bags....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    we only have One gun store in My area that the people behind the counter Know what they are doing and treat you with respect No matter what you are Looking at .

Only problem is the price i understand the cost of running a business Over head and stuff .but about the only thing i use them for is FFL transfers and they are really good for that
    and they don't give me any grief about bypassing them ,"saving every penny helps" was what i got out of one guy .

I wish other stores was like that But More and more like to treat you like you don't where the bullets go

NRA Member

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    I also had a great experience at the small town gun shop in the town I grew up in South Carolina a few months ago when I took my 65 year old mom out to get her a carry pistol (at her request). I had pointed her in he direction of some pistols that I thought would be a good fit for her and as we are looking at different models she asked the guy behind the counter which one he thought she should get. I instinctively roll my eyes waiting for him to pull out a Taurus Judge, but instead he tells her that he would suggest that she try out several different models from quality manufacturers and pick the one that felt best in her hand and she would feel best about carrying and then buy enough ammo to get plenty of practice with it. I thought that was solid advice. We ended up leaving with a hammerless Ruger LCR .38 Special and a few boxes of ammo.
    Those kind employees are special and unfortunatley rare and more gun counter commandos should take some tips on how to deal with customers.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    Ha ha that is classic! The "tacticool song" he wrote is really funny too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_PIt...eature=related

As for Utah, there is definitely asshats in a lot of the guns stores. My preferred store for actually buying guns is still Gallensons. They have always had the best prices IMO.
    I agree. I bought a Vortex Viper PST 1-4x from them. They had to order it, but they gave me a great deal, much better than I could find online or at other stores. They quoted me 8 weeks, which I was willing to wait, got it in about 10 days. They are very nice to me each time I go in to pick up ammo. I have purchased a few pistols from them.

I try to do all of the research possible prior to stepping foot in most LGSs. Whether right or wrong, I usually know exactly what I want.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Asshats? In a gun store!? Say it ain't so!

I have a new look. I haven't got a haircut in a year and haven't had a beard trim in three years. I like to think of it as the Albert Einstein look but someone pointed out that Einstein didn't have a beard. The Karl Marx look. Even though I take a shower every morning I do look a bit or more than a bit homeless especially as I hate to spend (waste) gun and ammo money on clothes and will wear a shirt until it is so thin you could read a newspaper through it. Anyway, I walk into a guns store and the kid behind the counter becomes condescending. A couple of times I have pointed out to him that I have been shooting twice as long as he has been alive and make twice as much money an hour as he except I work a full time schedule with lots of overtime. Then I ask "Who then is the idiot here?"
    Last edited by Suwannee Tim; 01-29-13 at 19:29.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123