Thread: ammo availability in St Louis

Feedback Score

ammo availability in St Louis

I hate buying ammo on-line - shipping is expensive and I want to know it's factory fresh. As my two preferred loads are not locally available, I'm SOL until some comes in.

I'll be traveling via car to St Louis for a few days at the end of the month. Does anyone know a local reputable store where I can buy some .223 Black Hills 75 gr red box Match Hollow Point and Federal 9mm 147gr HST standard pressure?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    From what direction are you driving to ST Louis from? If your coming from the west Midwayusa in Columbia Missouri has a pick up option. It's right off the hiway too and wouldn't take you long. Cabela's in Hazelwood might have the Blackhills ammo as well.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    never mind
    Last edited by Hmac; 04-13-11 at 20:15.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Once you are actually in St. Louis, I also recommend Cabelas in Hazelwood (at The Mills). They are the best I have found in the area for selection and they have decent prices.

If you have any questions regarding the area or stores, just let me know.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the advise. I had already planned on stopping at the local Cabela's. Finding my preferred BH ammo has been difficult at the Cabela's near home, and they don't carry Fed HST.

If I have time, I'll stop at MidwayUSA, but I don't think that I'll be able to fit it in.

I know I can order on-line. I just prefer not to.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Basspro is not far from Cabelas. They might have what your looking for.

Matt

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by moonshot View Post
    Thanks for the advise. I had already planned on stopping at the local Cabela's. Finding my preferred BH ammo has been difficult at the Cabela's near home, and they don't carry Fed HST.

If I have time, I'll stop at MidwayUSA, but I don't think that I'll be able to fit it in.

I know I can order on-line. I just prefer not to.
    Just to clarify my post, you'll have to order your goods online. Choose the package pickup option when checking out. It will take you about 5 minutes to get your goods when you arrive at Midway.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nowhere in STL sells HST. There are no cop shops in STL that sell ammo and HST is LEO only so you wont find it at a regular shop. Ammo to go is about the only place for non-leo to buy it. GT Distributors in Texas has been the place I get mine from, but they are LEO only.