Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: PK Firearms ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I believe they started marking the uppers 3-4 months ago.

I would rather not comment on Talon as people seem to get upset when I tell the truth about their favorite dealer. I will just say that I think you might have figured it out already.

One of the "tell's" as to whether it is a SD upper or not is the anodizing. SD has some of the blackest anodizing I have ever seen. If you compare a CMT (Stag) against a SD, the color difference is very noticeable.

C4
    Take a look at the picture HERE and shoot me a PM.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by royta View Post
    Take a look at the picture HERE and shoot me a PM.

PM sent.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    The proof is easy. SD NEVER marked their receivers or BCG's until they saw what PK was doing. So there is your proof right from SD's mouth to me. I will also add that PK was not alone in just using SD barrels and doing builds. There were a couple others that were doing the same thing.

How SD found out that companies were doing this is because they received a call from a customer about an upper not working. So SD had them ship the upper to them for inspection. When they got it, they realized that ONLY the barrel was their's and nothing else. The problem with the weapon was in direct relation to the cheap parts used.

I have no personal issue with PK, but am telling you what & why SD did what they did. If you don't want to believe it, I could care less.

C4
    I am not questioning what you are saying here as I am sure that is exactly what you were told, but if a retailer of mine was marketing a product that claimed to be 100% mine and it wasn't that dealer wouldn't get another thing from me.

I have worked to hard over the years to develop the products I sell, and I go way out of the way to make sure that my company produces only the highest quality products possible. I take it as a matter of pride. There is no way in hell that I would allow a dealer to compromise the reputation of my product, especially if I felt the dealer showed a lack of integrity the first time.

If it were such a big deal to Saber Defense, to the point that they had to start marking everything they make (which can be quite expensive I might add) than why continue to supply him with uppers and barrels?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
    I am not questioning what you are saying here as I am sure that is exactly what you were told, but if a retailer of mine was marketing a product that claimed to be 100% mine and it wasn't that dealer wouldn't get another thing from me.

I have worked to hard over the years to develop the products I sell, and I go way out of the way to make sure that my company produces only the highest quality products possible. I take it as a matter of pride. There is no way in hell that I would allow a dealer to compromise the reputation of my product, especially if I felt the dealer showed a lack of integrity the first time.

If it were such a big deal to Saber Defense, to the point that they had to start marking everything they make (which can be quite expensive I might add) than why continue to supply him with uppers and barrels?

I like the way you think and agree 100%. Unfortunately SD didn't make as big of a deal of it as I would have.

C4

Feedback Score
    Regarding PKF: I talked to them on the phone in November or December of 2006 when I was getting ready to order an upper. I asked them what upper receivers they used, and they told me they used CMT. There was no beating around the bush. At the time, they didn't even have the option of SDI uppers, as they only had a single sample that they hadn't wiped the oil off of yet. They were nice folks, but I figured I'd feel a little bit better having an SDI complete upper, that was assembled by SDI. It sounds like they now have the option of SDI uppers, and I would have no problem at all of having them build me an upper assembly.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Regarding PKF: I talked to them on the phone in November or December of 2006 when I was getting ready to order an upper. I asked them what upper receivers they used, and they told me they used CMT. There was no beating around the bush. At the time, they didn't even have the option of SDI uppers, as they only had a single sample that they hadn't wiped the oil off of yet. They were nice folks, but I figured I'd feel a little bit better having an SDI complete upper, that was assembled by SDI. It sounds like they now have the option of SDI uppers, and I would have no problem at all of having them build me an upper assembly.

I think you are 100% right. If you called, e-mailed or were face to face and asked them which upper receiver and BCG they used they would tell you. The problem is that you had to ask and if you just assumed that it was an all SD upper, you would be mistaken.

C4

Feedback Score

To be 100% clear here, I am not making any accusation towards PK firearms. I don't know what was said.

I was only replying to what Grant said he had heard from Saber. My comments were made assuming what he was told by Saber was their version of what actually happened.

For the record I have talked to PK Firearms a couple of times and not only have they been very friendly but they are very knowledgeable, and if I had a need for a product they sell right now I would buy from them in a heartbeat.

I just question Saber's version of events. If they thought it was such a big deal that they went to the expense of marking their products than why would they continue to supply a dealer if they really were offended by his practices?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    To be 100% clear here, I am not making any accusation towards PK firearms. I don't know what was said.

I was only replying to what Grant said he had heard from Saber. My comments were made assuming what he was told by Saber was their version of what actually happened.

For the record I have talked to PK Firearms a couple of times and not only have they been very friendly but they are very knowledgeable, and if I had a need for a product they sell right now I would buy from them in a heartbeat.

I just question Saber's version of events. If they thought it was such a big deal that they went to the expense of marking their products than why would they continue to supply a dealer if they really were offended by his practices?

I don't really know if they were all that pissed off about companies (yes there was more than one playing the shell game) buying just their barrels and building uppers. They simply wanted a way to make sure that they and anyone else could ID one of their uppers from some dealers build.

As I said earlier, LMT went through the same issues (dealers buying just barrels and building "LMT" uppers). Their response was to completely stop the sales of barrels and upper receivers.

C4

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345