Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is the 6.8 SPC still a viable option?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Because as it stands the requirement is being met, there is not a validated requirement out there for anything else.

Feedback Score
    The military is allowing for any caliber to be submitted into Individual Carbine and said they will test it. If you want to submit 6.8, you can.

Feedback Score
    If they do make a change I sure hope we can get the block lifted on surplus guns and parts. They probably waste thousands of BCG's and uppers all the time because of some stupid policy on not releasing post WW2 surplus. Are there any efforts in motion towards fixing this?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
    The military is allowing for any caliber to be submitted into Individual Carbine and said they will test it. If you want to submit 6.8, you can.
    As I understand it, though, the military will provide service ammo for testing the 5.56 entries. Entities submitting guns in any other caliber must also provide the entire range of service ammo types with service ammo features (e.g. crimped and sealed primers) in sufficient quantity for testing. This includes tracer and AP. I would think this ammo requirement would be a stiff barrier to entry for calibers other than 5.56.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    AP and blanks are just a small quantity - but true - one needs to provide a lot of free ball ammo if they submit non 5.56mm.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123