Thread: Permatex anti sieze

Feedback Score

Permatex anti sieze

Has anyone used Permatex anti sieze lubricant on ARs? I run it on my 1911s and have been please, but an AR is another animal entirely

Feedback Score
    I cannot think of any reason to use anti-zeize, from Permatex or any other manufacturer, on a firearm unless it is the only thing available.

Feedback Score
    I use Uncle Mike's Gun-Tite on my handguns. It is the same formula as the purple or blue Loctite. It really stays put but can easily be reversed if needed with no heat required. I have used it on grip screws and on rear sight set screws.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The only place that might make sense for an anti-seize would be the receiver extension to lower receiver. Moly grease for me has never failed there so I've never had a reason to switch.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    i use anti-sieze on the threads on my suppressor. makes it easier (read: not impossible) to take off after extended firing session

Feedback Score
    shoot, I saw the word Permatex in the title and thought this thread was about Loctite. My bad!

Feedback Score
    Anti-sieze is a lousy lubricant, if that's what you're using it for.
    I guess this got started when guys saw it on new Glocks.
    Do yourself a favor and use a real gun lubricant like Slip 2000.
    Companies spend thousands of dollars developing and testing gun lubricants for a reason.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    The only place that might make sense for an anti-seize would be the receiver extension to lower receiver. Moly grease for me has never failed there so I've never had a reason to switch.
    Not sure why you would use it there, but I always use anti-seize on the barrel nut threads, and also on the threads of my Noveske Krink brake.

I would imagine it's poor substitute for a real lubricant, but it works well for its intended purpose- high temps and dissimilar metals.

Feedback Score
    It's intended for parts that are liable to corrode, rust, or carbon up and make future disassembly difficult or impossible. I first became convinced of its value when I used it on exhaust manifold to exhaust pipe studs and nuts.

I have found it useful on M1 and M1A gas lock screws, and used it to install M1 barrels. Those are pretty heavy duty assembly/removal items at times.

Can't see using it for normal lubrication purposes on firearms unless there is just nothing else at hand. That includes the AR.

Feedback Score

thanks

thanks for the input guys