Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NH - Constitutional carry up for vote.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

NH - Constitutional carry up for vote.

Feedback Score
    Anybody know where this went, was it passed?

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSierra View Post
    The bill was vetoed by the Governor, but it was just re-passed with a veto proof majority the other day.

The bill takes effect on the 13th of November.
    Great news! It sounds like the bill is more for "stand your ground" type of defense than Constitutional carry but definitely good news anyway.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSierra View Post
    The bill was vetoed by the Governor, but it was just re-passed with a veto proof majority the other day.

The bill takes effect on the 13th of November.
    Good timing. My NH CCW permit just expired last month. =]

AC

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Great news! It sounds like the bill is more for "stand your ground" type of defense than Constitutional carry but definitely good news anyway.

The Ward Bird case was also considered, and it is now legal for a property owner to display a firearm while attempting to remove a trespasser from the property (not that I would recommend such action unless it was absolutely needed.)
    Last edited by DeltaSierra; 10-22-11 at 18:30.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very good...one of the reasons that New Hampshire is on my very short list of places that I'm looking at moving to when I retire from the military in 10 or so years..good gun laws and great weather
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step...and a lot of bitching.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    “To think that government is taking away one of your Second Amendment rights through permitting, I think is ridiculous,” said Cahill, who just ended a term as president of the N.H. Association of Chiefs of Police.

permit=permission=not a right

Glad to see another state moving in the right direction, though. Wish "Texas" would get its shit in order. Last legislative season they made sure to grant law makers unrestricted carry but not for us mere peons.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    The language in the SB 88 (originally) covered concealed carry without a permit, but somewhere along the line that was removed from the bill. When SB 88 first appeared on the NH General Court website, it specifically stated that no person shall be guilty of a criminal offense for carrying a loaded firearm concealed on their person, or in a motor vehicle without a permit....

I'm not sure what happened....

As far as I am concerned, the NH permit system needs to be completely overhauled, and the permits should be issued through the State Police (thereby allowing NH permits to comply with ATF regulations allowing for a concealed carry permit to exempt a person from the NICS check.)

I am not particularly in favor of the permit-less carry, as we already have way to many people in this state that shouldn't touch a firearm, much less carry one in public....

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    Good timing. My NH CCW permit just expired last month. =]

AC
    Evidently someone edited the bill before it was actually passed... Even the General Court website had put up the (somewhat) original version of the bill, which still contained the wording allowing for carrying without a permit, but now all the versions of the bill that I can find do NOT contain that wording....
    Last edited by DeltaSierra; 10-21-11 at 19:53.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast