Thread: Where can i find retro parts?

Feedback Score

Where can i find retro parts?

I am planning a to build a model 603. I know about nodak for a lower but where can i buy surplus parts if you can even find them or replica parts. Is there another model that is easier to find parts for?

Feedback Score
    The 603 and 604 are the easiest of the 1960s/70s retro builds to find parts for. Apex has a lot of what you will need. Original barrels come up from time to time on GunBroker or the Arfcom EE, or you can use one of the in-the-white new production barrels and have it finished.

Feedback Score
    How accurate do you want to be? I built a 603 clone less than a year ago, and the only parts older than a year were the furniture.

Feedback Score
    As long as it has the look i will be happy with it. I was thinking of getting an m16a1 kit without the barrel that i found and using a bcm barrel.

Feedback Score
    Be advised BCM does not sell a barrel that has the correct lightweight profile for an M16A1. If you want a kit, Gunthings sells kits that have the barrel already assembled and finished.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Slick Side A1 Upper, they have stocks, pistol grips and A1 uppers with Forward Assist too.

I just put one of these together and don't really need another but I really like the simplicity of this upper. Hell for $110 it's the price of a good BUIS!

http://www.jsesurplus.com/militarysu...variation=2133

Last edited by usmcvet; 04-18-11 at 12:53.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree