Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting maced during training?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Getting maced during training?

ok, i dont know if this is the right thread or not for this, but it sure seemed like it. as we all know, leo during training all get maced. they say that afterwards, rinsing with water only makes it worse by spreading it, and only offers short term comfort. well, ive been thinking... and this is just a REALLY random though, i dont know that this would even work, so this is why im asking in here. we all know, that when you eat spicey foods, to drink milk, because it is a base and will cure the burning in your mouth. well, if thats the case for your mouth, shouldnt this concept apply to your body/skin? instead of water, do you think drenching yourself in milk would be a better alternative? im just asking, because im going to eventually have to go through this. yea, its a weird question, and im looking for serious answers, a yes or no, and a reason why. please no just deal with it whimp we all had too. i would experiment, but yeaa. in concept, what do ya'll think. lets hear it.

Feedback Score
    I've OCed a lot of guys during training and have seen nearly every bit of booney medicine you can imagine... I would say that milk mostly makes a big mess, nothing more.

Fresh Air + Time = Recovery, that is a universal recovery prescription.

Baby shampoo at first seems to help some, but time and fresh air are what you need.
    I put the "Amateur" in Amateur Radio...

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by K.L. Davis View Post
    I've OCed a lot of guys during training and have seen nearly every bit of booney medicine you can imagine... I would say that milk mostly makes a big mess, nothing more.

Fresh Air + Time = Recovery, that is a universal recovery prescription.

Baby shampoo at first seems to help some, but time and fresh air are what you need.
    I agree with the above quote. Remember when you go home to take a shower that if you were in a fog room application it is still in your hair and will run down over your face again with the water. Keep your head tilted back when rinsing to try and keep it out of your eyes, nose and mouth.

Feedback Score
    Use Dawn dish soap after exposure to wash everything that the mace came into contact with. Even put it in your eyes, the shit works! The mace is oily and Dawn does a awesome job at getting it off you completely. I have used it a few times with great success. I carry a small bottle in my trunk just in case I get some on me at work.

Whatever you do, do not rub your eyes or anything after you have been maced. You will regret it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A high volume of cool running water is what you need.

If you insist on adding something to the mix, make it Dawn.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Dawn or baby shampoo seem to take the initial sting away, but as was stated before, air and time are about the only real think that works well.

Feedback Score
    Baby shampoo and cold water works for OC spray, but it will reactivate again if you take a hot shower.
    "You won't rise to the ocassion, you'll default to your level of training." Barrett Tillman

NRA LE Handgun/Shotgun Instructor
    Pa ACT235 Firearms Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I used a decon spray. Can't remember the name of it but it worked really well. I think our department uses this stuff:

http://www.lawsupply.com/Law_Enforce...ucts/BIOSHIELD

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CC4me View Post
    Baby shampoo and cold water works for OC spray, but it will reactivate again if you take a hot shower.
    sounds like you figured that out the hard way!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sudnit5 View Post
    Use Dawn dish soap after exposure to wash everything that the mace came into contact with. Even put it in your eyes, the shit works! The mace is oily and Dawn does a awesome job at getting it off you completely. I have used it a few times with great success. I carry a small bottle in my trunk just in case I get some on me at work.

Whatever you do, do not rub your eyes or anything after you have been maced. You will regret it.

DO NOT use Dawn in your eyes. Ever.

Detergent makes things worse and can actually be dangerous.

I have been sprayed well over 50 times in training, and a few times on the street, so I am right down the center of my lane.

Cool water works. Adding baby shampoo works better.

Sucking it up for a few minutes seems to work well for me. If I don't touch the stuff it seems to go away quicker.

The two part cleanser sold by the Saber folks is the only commercial product that I have seen yet that works as advertised. For some folks it's not much better than baby shampoo, but for many it works surprisingly well.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast