Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting maced during training?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    This thread is bringing up a lot of fond memories. My first exposure in the academy... I thought Satan himself was tea-bagging my face. But, as stated you build up a tolerance and its really no big deal.

The first time I used my OC was straight out of the academy... on myself. I felt something tugging on my belt, in a narrow hallway, and looked down to see what it was. Turns out it was the handle of my MK9 that had caught on a hand rail. I realized this just the handle popped off and dumped the whole can in my face. That was fun. At least for everyone watching.

Anyone use the new vapors? That stuff is no joke! In my experiance, real "crazy people" do not respond to OC. They just kind of look at you and continue to ramble about the CIA and space aliens. Vapor actually gains compliance, its like majic. Problem is, it gets you and everone in the vicinity too.

I'm still standing by the milk. Use it, know it, love it!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    lots of funny stories in this. thanks for the advice guys! now i know how to avoid getting it on my junk, to make my OC can doesnt get snagged on anything.... LOL... and how to deal with it. glad yall went through it before me!

Feedback Score
    Baby shampoo or dawn to get some of the OC off. Then sit in front of a fan or inside in the A/C to cool down and just sit still. Worked perfect for me. Most people freak out and wander around and don't allow themselves to relax.

And when you shower later on that evening, lean your melon over the shower and rinse you face with cool water. Don't hop right in bc the OC will run right down onto your boys. My roommate made this mistake.
    Last edited by LazyUSN; 04-24-11 at 00:17.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    something that work on skin was something i never thought of can't put it in your eyes but Nail polish remover on your skin will stop the burn almost in a instance .
    I think it is the acetone in it i was sprayed on the neck and a friend did this to prove it and I will be damned it did work
    Know it will not work in your eyes of course .but we used plain water and air ,but as stated do not rub your eyes it makes it worst

NRA Member

Feedback Score
    Yup bend over when you wash; don't scrub hard it makes it worse. use lots of water and fluffy towel to dab dry. I haven't used soap or milk most guys who have it didn't seem to help much other then more to clean up.
    One thing to use for sure is a fan. Ask the FD if they will let you borrow one, kind they put in doorways to vent smoke. Fire that puppy up wash really good and put your face in it about 10 min later you are good to go. Your face will be red but you will be able to open your eyes and walk around. Cuts recovery time down quite a bit.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Try Dawn dish soap and then acne pad wipes. As jklaughrey said it's an oil with micro pulverized powder in it. The dish soap will get rid of the oil and the acne wipes will clean the powder out of the pores of your skin. This will eliminate the bulk of it. Either way it sounds like a shity time.

Feedback Score
    When you take a shower make sure to lean over in the shower when you wash your hair or face. You don't want to know what it feels like to have the clap.

Feedback Score
    I have only been sprayed once when I was in the academy, but that shit sucks. I was the smart ass who let one of the women in class go before me because she was freaking out and had to get it over with. The can that she got sprayed with ran out and she only got a couple of drops on her face. Well they then pulled out a can of some shit that they must have pulled from Satan's veins, because I had nice chemical burns on my eyelids lol. And of course they dumped half of the can from the top of my head to my chest. Needless to say it was the only time that I thought that putting dawn dish washing detergent in my eyes was a good idea.

On a side not when they tell you not to breath in until after you have washed your face, definitely take their word for it. Other than feeling like I had an acetylene torch on my face for an hour I did survive.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PaiN108 View Post
    On a side not when they tell you not to breath in until after you have washed your face, definitely take their word for it.
    I thought many places made people do tasks after being hit with it like hit a heavy bag, handcuff a training partner, etc.?
    Last edited by BrianS; 05-11-11 at 04:42.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Blowing air is the best thing for it, dry your face and then blow it off, any type of liqued will give momentary relief but having wind in your face will actually remove it. and then keep moving don't sit there and take it, move around go for a little jog it will help keep your mind off the pain.
    Last edited by MeanRider; 05-11-11 at 08:17.
    [I]Life is Hard, It is even Harder if You are Stupid.
    John Wayne[/I]

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast