Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My New Ruger SR1911

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Looks like Ruger might have gotten this one right. Pinned ejector, GI guide rod, Series 70, integral plunger tube...looks decent so far.

From what I've read elsewhere MSRP looks to be around $799, meaning retail may be mid-$600. Looks to be a viable option at that price point for those wanting a range-only 1911 but knowing Ruger's recent history with semi-autos I'll wait to see what bugs shake out over the next few months.
    Last edited by ghettomedic; 04-19-11 at 08:54.
    "Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak Arabic, love music and never forget that you come from a long line of truth-seekers, lovers and warriors." - Hunter S. Thompson

Feedback Score
    Looks like a solid pistol but time will tell. Thanks for the pictures.

Feedback Score
    Looks very nice. This will go nicely with my scout and soon to be LCR. I have definitely been on a Ruger kick lately.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the review and very fine photos deadduck357.

Good looking 1911, I look forward to the range report.
    "Never confuse movement with action."
    Ernest Hemingway

Join the NRA - protect our 2nd Amendment rights.

Feedback Score
    I am pretty impressed, especially from Ruger. Only negatives I see are the cast frame and the warning on the dustcover. The price point is pretty nice making this a viable contender to consider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My theory is Ruger spent a lot of time online finding out what 1911 guys REALLY wanted in a base to slightly customized gun, and then built it. There is no way they could have ****ed up this good on their own. I'm really interested to see some guys put some serious miles on these guns.

+10000 on the "safety warning". If they have to have it visible, thats a real good place to put it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    They're supposedly releasing a railed frame model. Here's hoping they wont slather that warning on the side of the slide...ew.

Anyone know if the small bits and bobs are MIM or forged? Im assuming MIM but it would be nice to be proven wrong.

I have nothing against MIM that is done right i just dont really believe Ruger is the foremost expert on MIM when it comes to firearms parts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So you get a great trip to Gunsite, shoot specially prepared Ruger pistols with Ruger ammo, eat Ruger food, maybe drink some Ruger booze in the evening. Did Ruger pay your lodging? Your travel? Then you give their gun a glowing report! Hey, I'd glow too if I got such a sweet deal! You failed to answer one important question. With all the great 1911s out there, why should I buy a Ruger 1911? Why should I buy anything from a company that tells me that a 77-22 that shoots six to eight inches at 50 yards meets Ruger accuracy specifications? In contrast to your fabulous experience I see my experience as more likely to be: Buy a Ruger, it's inaccurate or unreliable or defective right out of the box or it breaks after some use. That is my experience with Ruger.
    Last edited by Suwannee Tim; 04-19-11 at 18:19.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    So you get a great trip to Gunsite, shoot specially prepared Ruger pistols with Ruger ammo, eat Ruger food, maybe drink some Ruger booze in the evening. Did Ruger pay your lodging? Your travel? Then you give their gun a glowing report! You failed to answer one important question. With all the great 1911s out there, why should I buy a Ruger 1911? Why should I buy anything from a company that tells me that a 77-22 that shoots six to eight inches at 50 yards meets Ruger accuracy specifications?
    Qouted for an answer to the above...

Feedback Score
    Two questions:

1. Do any other mfgs machine their barrels and bushings at the same time? This seems like a nice process to get a consistent fit.

2. In one of the press releases for this Ruger mentions an "improved internal extractor". What is improved? Could you please pull the extractor and compare it to a standard one? It

Guess that was actually three questions.
    Last edited by Dunderway; 04-19-11 at 18:57.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast