Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: landnavigation.org

Feedback Score

landnavigation.org

The gentleman that put this site together has (obviously) spent a great deal of time compiling a lot of information...

Check out: landnavigation.org
    I put the "Amateur" in Amateur Radio...

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    This is perfect! I know several young lads that will be crashing through the woods during ROTC summer camp in a few months.

This may save them from walking off a cliff, or knocking down too many trees.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    WOW! What a fantastic site and the slides are great. This is exactly what I have been looking for; in fact, I almost posted about where to go in TX to get land nav training.

I hate to admit this, but im terrible with direction and have zero knowledge on using a compass or understanding degrees...im directionally challenged. Thanks again!
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    Nice!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great. I teach land nav to my scouts. This will be awesome
    In today's world one of the best things you can do for your child; Get them in Scouting, stay with them in the program, and encourage them to stay in.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by K.L. Davis View Post
    The gentleman that put this site together has (obviously) spent a great deal of time compiling a lot of information...

Check out: landnavigation.org
    Very cool
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    Outstanding site...I have been looking for this type of info....great find.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Help!!!!

It's that time of year where we are working on the boy's camping merit badge. Yours truly is teaching the land nav portion of this merit badge this weekend. However this mother fudging remodel of our house from hell that was supposed be done in September is still going on. The place is a disaster. I can't find squat. This means that I can't find my old USGS maps to use as training aids.

Does anyone know of a site where I can download some topo maps to print out on 8 1/2 x 11 to use to teach the boys?
    In today's world one of the best things you can do for your child; Get them in Scouting, stay with them in the program, and encourage them to stay in.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I taught some land nav stuff a few years ago, and what I did was I took an existing topo map and copied a section and I also copied the legend at the bottom to show declination too. It also helps a little because you can increase the zoom to the contour relief lines more.

Here is some map of oregon
    http://www.traditionalmountaineering...rails_2007.pdf

This is USFS map and compass course for firefighters
    http://www.nwcg.gov/pms/pubs/475/PMS475.pdf and I am sure there are some printable maps in it.

good luck
    kary

from one former boy scout to another, they will thank you for it, the skills I acquired in the boy scouts have given me a very enriched life.
    Endeavor Stitch Works
    http://endeavorstitchworks.com/

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I use the USGS Store for free map downloads:

http://store.usgs.gov/b2c_usgs/usgs/...%24ROOT%29/.do

Find the location you want, mark it, click on the marker to find available USGS maps, and download map.

The ones I've downloaded are PDF files with topo & aerial photo data that allow you to zoom and print specific layers and/or portions of the map.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast