Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SF Shooting Taliban Up Close(helmet cam)

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    should have just smoked them all
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    They're speaking Arabic and they look a lot more like IP than ANA.... Probably an older video as well based on the PEQ-2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2501 View Post
    Probably an older video as well based on the PEQ-2
    Not always the case, the National Guard SF units don't always have the newest stuff.

Feedback Score

vid

It appears that once he gets to the last door opening he shoots the threat as its standing and then if you watch his rifle it is dropping as he shoots as if he is following the threat down as it falls.

Feedback Score
    Pretty impressive video! Very fast reaction and he went right after the shooter with no hesitation at all... Those SF guys are badass

Feedback Score
    Been trying to get some more info on the video with google-fu

Apparently the Arab took a round to the weapon, which created the sparks, he ran outside and was shot through a hole in the wall and killed. Too bad. There are for sure some training issues based upon the movements and positioning.

SF was smooth and calm. Very professional. Violence of action baby.

Pushing through was the way to go.
    Last edited by variablebinary; 04-25-11 at 07:23.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    No shooting through the wall on that one, SF dude was putting the front of his barrel through the door and throwing rounds at ****s from cover.

Also... the way that camera is mounted is retarded.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    No shooting through the wall on that one, SF dude was putting the front of his barrel through the door and throwing rounds at ****s from cover.

Also... the way that camera is mounted is retarded.
    Either way, he was clearly trying to put rounds in the targets direction.

I'm not SF. I probably would have thrown frag in the room after crapping my pants. It takes a hell of a lot of training and experience to be that cool after contact
    Last edited by variablebinary; 04-25-11 at 09:24.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    So the AA guy's gun takes the rounds to the rifle- what should he have done then? What are the chances of your gun working after taking a few rounds? Do you transition to you sidearmright away (if he had one).

Is there only one BG shooter that shot the AA guy as he ran out the door?

Video made a lot more sense after pausing it at 0:44 to see the BG coming around the corner.

Kind of odd that there is only one video posted?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Who knows what I would actually do if someone shot the carbine out of my hands? I certainly don't know, and hope I never have to find out...

What I train on the square range to do is transition to my sidearm inside of 25yds. I'd hope that by now it would be ingrained, and I would do it naturally. I know I do when I'm on the square range.

SF dude is pretty direct in his methodology, he obviously had clarity of mind on what he was doing.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast