Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 870 sling setup? single, dual, or 3 point?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Front attached to the tube? Like a sling loop at the mag tube cap?

Quote Originally Posted by stitchclimber View Post
    I rock a Gear Sector 2pt sling on my 20" 870.
    Front attached at the tube, and rear via QD point on the stock.

It works great for me.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by readyme View Post
    Front attached to the tube? Like a sling loop at the mag tube cap?
    yes...
    PR rep of Columbia Firearm Services.
    http://www.facebook.com/ColumbiaFirearmServices

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I run BFG VCAS slings on most everything, including my duty 870. Unfortunately I am not allowed to run a receiver end plate so I created my own sling point on the stock right behind where my hand goes on my short pistol grip Speedfeed stock, basically at the front edge of my buttstock shell carrier. I think a forward rear sling location is an important part of making a long gun easier to maneuver.

After running an 870 hard in several classes and training days I truly think that a single point sling has merit with a pump gun. It gets the sling out of your way for pumping, reloads, and makes for easier transitions, both shoulder and to a secondary. To accomplish this I use a zip tied Fastex buckle as the front sling attachment so that I can easily convert between two and single point by just unclipping it and re-clipping it to another one located by my rear sling point.

Dennis.
    Ok, finally some pics!

Here is the front mount. The zip ties are fastened in a way that the Fastex buckle CANNOT move in the way of the pump. This has held up across 2 different duty shotguns over several years including a couple Haught classes and Dept. training. You could always backup with lockwire.

Here is the rear mount. I used a small loop of webbing and 3 super duper zip ties through the front of the velcro buttcuff to create a mounting point that works for both single and 2 point slings. While not pretty, it actually creates a lower profile mounting point than a typical metal sling loop.

This shows how the rear Fastex buckle is attached to allow for 2 to 1 point conversion.

Enjoy!

Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 09-02-11 at 16:27.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Dennis, that really is a sweet setup. Like you said, not pretty but effective.
    Did you use an AR buttcuff to create the rear sling attachment? Once I figure that part out, I will have to give your system a try.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by readyme View Post
    Dennis, that really is a sweet setup. Like you said, not pretty but effective.
    Did you use an AR buttcuff to create the rear sling attachment? Once I figure that part out, I will have to give your system a try.
    I can't find exactly what I have, but it is basically like this one except with velcro instead of elastic loops.
    http://www.tacticaltailor.com/stocks...ellholder.aspx

Then with the velcro you can use these to hold the ammo, and have extras available including velcro'd to your vest.
    http://www.skdtac.com/Esstac_Shotgun_Card_p/ess.106.htm

I found this too, but is probably easily made at home as well.
    http://www.rem870.com/2011/06/01/tac...remington-870/

However, the tendency will be for the mounting point to slide down the stock and towards your grip area. That's why anchoring it to the front of a buff cuff (that is secured at the rear) works to keep your mounting point at the correct location and not too far forward or back.

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Right now, I'm runing a Mesa Tactical AR-stock adapter on my 870 and I've got a Magpul MS2 run single point to the QD mounted to the stock adapter. I don't mind the single point with the shotgun, but I'd rather have something a little more sturdy when I'm not handling the weapon. Still looking for a sling mount for the front end of the gun to use it as a 2-point sling.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123