Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 870 sling setup? single, dual, or 3 point?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I want to setup my 870 like Norcal911 has described.
    I want to run a 2 point, but attachment has had me unhappy for a while.
    I have a GGG front sling attachment that seems to work, but sticks out a bit to the left side of the shotgun. My other attachment point is a DD sling plate between the receiver and the buttstock. This is the one I do not like. I want my rear attachment to be farther towards the rear of buttstock. At its current location, the stock hangs away from my body and pulls the shotgun. Also, it adds a small but noticeable lengthening of pull....really hate that.
    So now I am trying to figure out how to install flush QD cups towards the rear of my buttstock.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

870 sling setup? single, dual, or 3 point?

I use a Wilderness 2-pt sling. I keep it simple and works for me.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    2 point sling, keep it simple, less margin for error

Feedback Score
    Run the same sling on your shottie as you do on your carbine. Do not retrain yourself between platforms. Under stress you will default to the skill you have mastered (ie, the sling system you have the most time on).

Maintain consistency with your transitions. Running the same sling set-up between platforms will allow this....

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I run BFG VCAS slings on most everything, including my duty 870. Unfortunately I am not allowed to run a receiver end plate so I created my own sling point on the stock right behind where my hand goes on my short pistol grip Speedfeed stock, basically at the front edge of my buttstock shell carrier. I think a forward rear sling location is an important part of making a long gun easier to maneuver.

After running an 870 hard in several classes and training days I truly think that a single point sling has merit with a pump gun. It gets the sling out of your way for pumping, reloads, and makes for easier transitions, both shoulder and to a secondary. To accomplish this I use a zip tied Fastex buckle as the front sling attachment so that I can easily convert between two and single point by just unclipping it and re-clipping it to another one located by my rear sling point.

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I run BFG VCAS slings on most everything, including my duty 870. Unfortunately I am not allowed to run a receiver end plate so I created my own sling point on the stock right behind where my hand goes on my short pistol grip Speedfeed stock, basically at the front edge of my buttstock shell carrier. I think a forward rear sling location is an important part of making a long gun easier to maneuver.

After running an 870 hard in several classes and training days I truly think that a single point sling has merit with a pump gun. It gets the sling out of your way for pumping, reloads, and makes for easier transitions, both shoulder and to a secondary. To accomplish this I use a zip tied Fastex buckle as the front sling attachment so that I can easily convert between two and single point by just unclipping it and re-clipping it to another one located by my rear sling point.

Dennis.

Sounds interesting....do you have any pics?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This is how mine is set up now:

I'm taking a LMS 1-day Shotgun clinic at the end of the month and I look forward to seeing how it works out.
    If not me, then who?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    hossb7 I just ordered an urbino stock so I could set my VTAC sling up just like yours. how do you like the setup? I just signed up for Rob Haughts class in October, and I think your setup would be ideal for me. Thanks for all the replys

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's cool so far, but I've only been messing with it at home. I'll post more about how I like it after my class.
    If not me, then who?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I rock a Gear Sector 2pt sling on my 20" 870.
    Front attached at the tube, and rear via QD point on the stock.

It works great for me.
    PR rep of Columbia Firearm Services.
    http://www.facebook.com/ColumbiaFirearmServices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast