Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: minimalist light mount

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

minimalist light mount

Am new to the list, and new to my 6920.

I am a minimalist who would like to mount a Surefire-type light to the carbine. I would like to, for the moment at least, stay away from rails and such.

Is there a good mount that will attach to the weapon as is? Preferred method would be something directly above or below the barrel - not off to the side.

TIA

john

Feedback Score
    I'm looking at something like this for my 16" Rock River... I don't want to go with rails on this gun.

ETA: The image is from Cheaper than dirt... linky, but I'd like to get something of better quality.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    You can use a TDI arms polymer rail segment. It bolts directly to your stock hand guards on the top or bottom.

With that as your base, you can use a TDI mount and put a G2 flashlight onto the rail for a cheap and easy quick attach light system. Or just slide an M3 light onto the TDI rail... Not permanent alterations to your gun and no messy rail systems!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score

Thumbs up Elzetta Mount

Try the Elzetta flashlight mount that attaches to the front sight base. It is inexpensive, works great, and does not require rails.

Get details at www.elzetta.com

I posted an earlier thread at http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7717

As you will read, some people think that it is ugly (I don't), but there is no denying that it works great. I especially like the sling swivel activation of the pushbutton switch on the Surefire G2.
    Jesus said, "I have come to cast fire upon the earth; and how I wish it were already kindled!" - Luke 12:49

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Actually, I think most people just object to the fact that it's plastic.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Actually, I think most people just object to the fact that it's plastic.
    A company makes a plastic mount that affixes to a FSB? That seems like a great idea.
    I keep hearing about my gun rights, but I just can't seem to find them.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by shark31 View Post
    A company makes a plastic mount that affixes to a FSB? That seems like a great idea.
    Although I've only shot with it once so far, it took three consecutive 30 round mag dumps on full-auto (borrowed my buddy's Class 3 lower). The barrel was steaming but the plastic Elzetta mount held tight.

(With the price of .223 ammo, that was the most abusive test my budget could afford.)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here are some pics of a Surefire M16 mount and weaver ring I have on one of my uppers. Traditionally, the light is mounted at 6:00 with this mount. I have rotated the light to 11:00 so I can activate the light with my support hand thumb. One could position the light anywhere between 1 and 11 o'clock depending on user preference. The mount is rock solid. I like it better than the FSB mounts because the light sits closer to the bore line on the horizontal axis.

Last edited by Jeff_M; 10-05-07 at 12:40. Reason: Edit to insert photos
    Insights Training Center
    Tenicor

Feedback Score
    Here's a couple of options from Sage Int'l.

http://sageinternationalltd.com/si/a...ml#lightmounts

I have no experience with these, just happened to see them while looking for another Sage Int'l accessory.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast