Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rifle System with Carbine Stock?

Feedback Score
    Hello gotm4:

It was a well respected local fellow thats heavily into the M16/AR-15 platform. I'll ask him again to be sure thow if I do in fact change the stock.

The rifle buffer does weigh 5.1oz correct? If so, then the H3 Buffer @ 5.6oz should work.
    Gun-control is created by scum-tyrants, enforced by oath-breakers and supported by fools that's too ignorant to understand the Importance of being Armed.

When America was a "free country", people could mail order machine guns without question - and that's how it should still be.

I'd rather beat a bad guy to death with my Browning Hi-Power, than shoot him dead with a 'plastic' pistol.

If your path demands you to walk through Hell, walk like you own the place.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Reed View Post
    Hello gotm4:

It was a well respected local fellow thats heavily into the M16/AR-15 platform. I'll ask him again to be sure thow if I do in fact change the stock.

The rifle buffer does weigh 5.1oz correct? If so, then the H3 Buffer @ 5.6oz should work.
    Heavier than CAR weight buffers are intended for ARs with CAR length gas systems to slow them down to make extraction easier. Rifle length ARs don't have this problem. As I said in my last post it's a different equation.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I set my A4 up with a carbine lower yesterday and shot it a bunch. Standard CAR buffer. I had no issues with it at all, and my A4 was filthy and pretty dry. Recoil was slightly different, but no worse.

I love the looks of my A4, but after years of shooting NTCH from a CAR stock, the A2 stock feels way too long. I'm 5'10", 190#.

Instructor: Sniper, Carbine, Handgun, Shotgun
    Armorer: Glock, Colt AR15/M16
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Canada uses the H2 buffer in the guns.
    Reason why was some who are issued several different uppers need a system that accepts drop on's without other changes - the H2 buffer was found to be the most reliable from barrels 10" to 20"

They ran testing on 30 guns of ea. 10", 14.5, 16" and 20" thru 2 5k NATO standard reliability testing protocals - the H2 was the best performer.

I only put about 100rds thru a C7A2 - but it worked fine - and my C8SFW upper just dropped on no problems - same with the C8CQB upper.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    I run an SP-1 CAR lower with my 20" HBAR upper with no problems:

"12 ounces of pure titanium & scandium evil"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12