Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coyote brown M&P 9...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That's what you get for leaving any of your pretty guns behind while you go to the range! KARMA!

Or is it plain old irony?

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    86 (99%)
    Looks very well done Hawkeye!

Let us know how it holds up after some time in a holster. If it will hold up to some holster time I may end up spraying a pistol of mine.

Please keep us updated.
    9/11/01
    Never forget, Never forgive

Feedback Score
    Did a short handgun class today. Apparently I didnt let it dry quite long enough. I am used to the 15 minute dry time of Krylon. In short order I had a bit of a sticky brown palm. Looks like the frame itself dried, but the changeable grip piece didnt and thats where it was coming off from. I read the can again and it says before applying anymore to let the first coat fully cure, so I am going to give it a few more days and when its completely done, redo it in the area it came off. Will then let it sit for a longer time before use.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    Got a second coat on. Let it cure better this time. It matches the FDE color of a Safariland 6004 quite well. Little shiny in the one pic in a couple of spots, but thats more flash than anything. It actually turned out to have a nice flat finish. Just have to see how long it holds up now. I'm not worried about it scratching, as thats going to happen regardless. I am interested to see though, if after it does start to get scratched up, if it begins to come off around the scratched areas or not.

Protego quod vallo.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Looks cool! I don't know why, but I've found that Aluma-Hyde II takes longer to dry/cure on certain rubbers and plastics. Stuff like power rings on scopes. I guess it's the composition of them?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Could be. It dried MUCH faster on the frame itself, than it did on the removeable grip piece.
    Protego quod vallo.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Hawkeye,

I was over at Bob's Gun Shop @ lunch fondling the new coyote brown M&P45! Man that thing is sweet! This one had the manual safety and a lanyard built into the takedown tool.

I think you need one

Feedback Score
    Its on my list.... but only once I am sure that the thumb safety can be removed, or they are available without it.
    Protego quod vallo.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Its on my list.... but only once I am sure that the thumb safety can be removed, or they are available without it.
    I kinda liked the thumb safety. It wasn't mushy like I read it was and it kind of reminded me of a 1911. I don't know if I'd get one with a thumb safety because my M&P9 doesn't have so maybe I'll have to get one of each

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Get the one w/o the manual safety. No sense in complicating things.

Hawkeye--I sent off for the M&P 9 today! Hell isn't frozen over yet though, just a mini ice age
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast