Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "New" stlye Eagle M4 FB rig??

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Question "New" stlye Eagle M4 FB rig??

Hey guys, I emailed Triad Tactical to ask if they had any idea when they may be getting some Eagle M4 FB Chest rigs back in stock, and Steve replied saying, "that Eagle has been clearing out the "old" version and that he'd seen some pics of the new version but hadn't gotten any in stock yet". Has anyone else seen or heard anything about a new version or how it differs from the "old"version?

Thanks!

-RD62

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Generation 2 doesn't have padded shoulder straps, they're flat. They modified the strap system slightly. A local dealer here in the Atl. GA area have them in stock. If interested I can get his email and post here.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Interested.

Anyone else know anyone stocking them? Triad and SKD are out it seems.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    mark@politesocietyinc.com

Send Mark an email, he'll hook you up. Their website is: www.politesocietyinc.com

The picture of the Eagle rig shown was of the generation 1, but they have gen. 2 in stock.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Ben Lennett posted at least one pic on 10-8forums.com, but you can't really see the straps, but they do appear to have removed the padding and gone to a wider strap. I agree that this is an improvement. The only thing I dislike is that I think they put the buckle for the back strap on the totally wrong side. I'm glad to see that they went to one-sided, as I had already removed the right-hand side buckle on mine, but now the buckle is non reversible and will interfere with my draw. This is mostly a personal issue though and I may buy one and pay someone to reverse it for me.

I love the two molle straps on the shoulder straps though. I think they would make an great spot to stick a Streamlight Sidewinder or a Pentagon Molle.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    i picked one of these up from the guys at polite society at the 2007 silenced shoot. very fair priced, i got to try it on and check functionality and its ranger green.
    "Unfortunately 87.26% of the quotes and statistics on the internet are lies." - Abraham Lincoln
    Stupid should hurt
    I carry a gun cuz cops are too heavy!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I was thinking of getting one of these, but it seems that its impossible to get 6 mags on it without doubling up at one point at least. There are 3 rows on each side, enough for 3 more mags total, but when divided into 2 sets of 3 rows, it seems pointless. Is the universal all MOLLE getting the gen. 2 treatment?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have no use for 6 mags personally. I have been through Pat Rogers carbine and Randy Cain's carbine and never needed more than the three on the rig and the one in the gun.

If you have a need for 6 mags, this rig is not for you.

I just ordered one of the new style from Mark and am looking forward to getting it and comparing it to the two "old style" that I have now.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I think I read that when Ben Lennett and his boys at Eagle design this rig, they intended it for the street cops on patrol. It was designed to be lightweight and minimal, not a go to war and get in a 10 hour firefight in Fallujah vest. I like it for classes and such because I've never needed more than 4 magazines at any given time, not even in the most rounds intensive courses. I know one hardcore dinosaur student went through a 1500 round carbine class taught by an ex SF instructor with one kydex mag pouch and he stuffed the rest of the mags in his pocket. It wasn't sexy but it worked for him.
    As for patrol cops, a friend of mine is issued a surplus M16A1 (yes) with two magazines but was not issued any device to carry his single reload !

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The chest rig also has a velcro "admin pouch" in between the layers on the front. I use it to carry my starter mag to the line, and load and make ready with this mag. Works out great for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast