Thread: So I bought the Can before the Rifle...

Feedback Score

So I bought the Can before the Rifle...

I'm buying an OPS Inc. 3rd Model (.30 Cal) and I don't have a rifle for it. I'm pretty knowledgable when it comes to AR's as I've own and built many for almost 20 years. As far as suppressors, I have an AAC M4-2000 MOD 7, Ranger 2 and an OPS Inc. 12th. My experiences with those cans have all been fantastic, but my OPS 12th is my favorite. Now the 3rd will be the newest member of the family as soon as the BATF paperwork goes through.

I have no clue when it comes to .308 bolt rifles so hopefully you fellas can help me out by educating me on .308 bolt rifles.

Here are some of wants:

20-24" Barrel (I'm putting sound suppression as a priority above weight and length - I know that there are 26" barrels, but I do have somewhat a limit on length).

Accuracy International Stock (is what I want to mount the rifle on so it must be compatible with that stock).

POI is irrelevant because the can will be a dedicated to the rifle and zeroed with it on.

Barrel work will be done by Adco.

Range up to 500 Yards initially until I learn how to shoot beyond that, but eventually I would LOVE to be able to make hits out to 1000.

Suggestions for a .308 rifle for around $1500 ($2,000 max - I understand that the AI stock is around $800 so don't count that)?
    Last edited by The Archangel; 04-28-11 at 17:17.
    "I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night..."

Feedback Score
    rem700 AAC model. Comes threaded already. 20" 1:10 twist. Perfect for sub loads and heavy bullets. Will drop right into your stock.

... and that chassis is more like 1200 if you go with the 2.0 and get an extra mag or two. AI mags aren't cheap.

Take extra money and spend it on glass, and a timney trigger.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    or you could just get a R700 sps tactical, barreled action for around 450-ish, have adco chop 2" off the barrel and thread it while they are at it. your not going to lose alot of velocity within those 2 inches, and you'll have no issues getting to 500, as for the AICS, look into the XLR chassis, less expensive, and LIGHTER.

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahlendrrari View Post
    , as for the AICS, look into the XLR chassis, less expensive, and LIGHTER.
    12 week wait time last I checked. It is lighter, but not cheaper by the time you get all the features of an AICS 2.0. (depending on who you buy from)
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.