Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new barrel on my M4?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911
    Do you mainly shoot your AR at 25 yards?
    No. It's a new barrel I was doing an initial zero and experienced some somewhat shocking accuracy, or lack thereof. Why?

TS
    Haji don't surf!
    I Buy C Products Magazines

AR15Armory.com

Feedback Score
    The radway green..thats horrible..that ammo must be crap.for a 14.5 I have mine zeroed in at 50 yds using the sanchez battle zero so I know its good out to 200 yds.At even 25 yds though..85% of the time thats probably where your gonna have a gunfight anyway.Ive heard stories from Iraq that most engagements are taking place at 30 to 50 feet..thats under 25 yds for sure..close in combats been that way sice ww2 and before im sure.The only shots that go long range are snipers or soldiers using their M4s out side its performance envelope like hitting guys at 4 and 500 yds and wondering why there not staying down.Hell if im goin 500 yds its gonna be .308 from my M14 type.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromeLined
    The radway green..thats horrible..that ammo must be crap.for a 14.5 I have mine zeroed in at 50 yds using the sanchez battle zero so I know its good out to 200 yds.At even 25 yds though..85% of the time thats probably where your gonna have a gunfight anyway.Ive heard stories from Iraq that most engagements are taking place at 30 to 50 feet..thats under 25 yds for sure..close in combats been that way sice ww2 and before im sure.The only shots that go long range are snipers or soldiers using their M4s out side its performance envelope like hitting guys at 4 and 500 yds and wondering why there not staying down.Hell if im goin 500 yds its gonna be .308 from my M14 type.

True. I usually use the IBZ @ 50yards. It's just easy to start at 25 and see where it's hitting.

TS
    Haji don't surf!

AR15Armory.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Have you checked with CMMG to see what groups they are getting with the ammo they recommend? Once you find this out put the same ammo through your gun and see how it does.

Doing this will at least give you some way to compare your barrel's results to a known good barrel from the manufacturer.

IMHO, it sounds like something is not right with that barrel...

Feedback Score
    I've asked. I haven't gotten a reply yet.

TS
    Haji don't surf!

AR15Armory.com

Feedback Score
    I don't know exactly what happened but it shot fine today. It was most likely partially my fault and partially it being new. I hit a Dr. Pepper can at about 25 yards standing five out of five times with Radway Green before I left my "range".

Thanks gentlemen!

TS
    Haji don't surf!

AR15Armory.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12