Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: ACOG as a SHTF optic?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    How often would the 2 or 3 power settings be used? When I was using an Accupoint I only used it on 1x or 4x
    I have been a victim of too much magnification a few times.
    It's one thing that I think is going to make the 1-6 and 1-8 offerings really neat.
    1x for general use, 6x for static positions, 3-4x for greater identification ability when target hunting without overly narrowing FOV, 2x for those times when there is a mix of close range and midrange targets. I played with the idea a little with a 1-8x, but went back to a 1-4 before I really fleshed the concept out. I know quite a few 3 gunners that vary magnification depending on the stage, and I have personally used the "between" settings on a 3-9 DMR in combat to maintain observation of several individuals without letting them escape my FOV (this is also one of the reasons that I prefer a FFP reticle).
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would like to try any of the 1-6 scopes on the market today. Sounds like the best of both worlds, to an extent.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The SWFA 1-6 does look nice. Any low power variable would definitely need to have capped turrets, at least for me. I have an old 4x40 that had been sitting in the garage that I have used, and the turrets have moved just in transporting to and from the range, in a bag and in a hard case. Full disclosure- its a Weaver scope so take that FWIW.

The other consideration for me is the weight. The SWFA 1-6 is 22 oz's without a mount. On dedicated long range upper, the weight wouldn't matter as much.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just read all 12 pages (over the past couple days) for the second time this year.

Wanted to bump this back from the dead to see if anyone has anything further to share on their experiences from the past few months.

Particularly on the 1.5x and 3x models, and how they compare as an all around optic.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alacop View Post
    Besides the cost would't anACOG 3 or 4 x with the RMR attached be the most versatile?
    I know this is an old thread but since it has been bumped,

I have that exact model on my M4 and I ****ing hate it. I would much rather have the rmr on like a 45* mount instead of on top of the acog.

It's so high your face isn't even on the rifle, which makes consistently finding the dot very difficult. Through repetition I can sort of find a somewhat consistent place to put my chin to make finding it quicker, but it's nowhere near as easy as a proper cheek weld and I can not do it "cold."

In something like an "up-down" drill, the time it takes to just find the dot makes using the rmr slower than just dealing with 4x magnification at close range.

Another annoying piece is if you have a helmet on, the rmr hits you in the helmet every. shot. We did a week long shooting school before we deployed and all of us have gouges in our helmets just above our right eye now. If you are in the prone, your helmet will be resting on top of the rmr.

It also goes out constantly, so you can either shoot without it until it comes back or come off the gun and slap it a few times.

Not even remotely worth the $1700 or some shit they want for it.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by J8127 View Post
    It also goes out constantly, so you can either shoot without it until it comes back or come off the gun and slap it a few times.
    Which RMR model?
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    RM01.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223