Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this normal??!!1

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    I have the 10.5" and 16" LWRC's - nothing like that on these - nor on any DI or even my Shrike. Heck no mag has yet to make this happen to me and that is with over 20+ years of playing with these things, some of that time for Uncle Sam. As I metioned - have seen nastiness to the rounds from double feeds and bad mags getting jammed in as well as what I think was an HK93. That was how the 93 did it though in the chamber and all around.

If you are comfortable, follow safe rifle handling procedures and cycle several rounds to and fro from the different mags and see what happens with the particular mags and even the orientation of the round as it is stripped from the mag(left or right if you still are getting this indenture) and definately let us know.

If nothing show's up - range time. Also - could give the LWRC folks a call. They test at a local range I belong to.
    Last edited by m4fun; 10-06-07 at 17:51. Reason: clarity

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m4fun View Post
    If you are comfortable, follow safe rifle handling procedures and cycle several rounds to and fro from the different mags and see what happens with the particular mags and even the orientation of the round as it is stripped from the mag(left or right if you still are getting this indenture) and definately let us know.

If nothing show's up - range time. Also - could give the LWRC folks a call. They test at a local range I belong to.
    So I removed the firing pin and cycled somes rounds through it...

The first time I chambered a round it got kinda stuck. The BCG would move about 1 inch to the rear but the bolt lugs seems jammed in the barrel extension lugs.

It took a lot of my munchkin arms strength to pull the charging handle back enough to eject the round!

On this round I can see a very slight dent near the neck in the same place as the one in the picture.

Tried it a few more times and everything was normal...

Feedback Score
    After playing with it for a bit, I think the problem may have been me..

Being a total n0ob, I may have installed the cam pin the wrong way!

This would make sense as the bolt cannot fully rotate/lock in, maybe denting the cases. Since the bolt face cannot push in all the way the extractor can't get the cartridge rim and this may explain the double feeds!

I'm going to test fire again next week to see if I'm a total retard or not...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12