Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rail cover suggestions

Feedback Score

Rail cover suggestions

The rail covers that came with my M&P15T leave a lot to be desired. I've just ordered a Tango Down vertical grip and saw their rail covers, which look pretty solid. I've also seen the Magpul covers online. Anyone have experience with these or any other brand? I'm interested in hearing some opinions before I order a set.

Thanks to all who take the time to respond.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mcpdcrash View Post
    The rail covers that came with my M&P15T leave a lot to be desired. I've just ordered a Tango Down vertical grip and saw their rail covers, which look pretty solid. I've also seen the Magpul covers online. Anyone have experience with these or any other brand? I'm interested in hearing some opinions before I order a set.

Thanks to all who take the time to respond.
    I use them on both the XCR, Colt 6520 and SBR. They are sturdy, lock into place and keep the heat off your hands, but they are "heavy" compared to other brands. I really like them though. They replaced KAC panels on my SBR
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score

Which ones?

Hey Variable,

Which brand are you using (Magpul or Tango Down)?

Feedback Score
    Hey Variable,

Which brand are you using (Magpul or Tango Down)?
    TD/LMT

Feedback Score

Thanks...

for clarifying which cover. Killer SBR, by the way.

Feedback Score
    for clarifying which cover. Killer SBR, by the way.
    Thanks. Give em a try, I think you will be pleased with them if you go that route.

Good luck and post pics when you get your build done

Feedback Score

Fun Looking....

toy you have there. I can say with experience that it will clean your sinuses inside of a building though What ammo do you put through it BTW?

Feedback Score
    IMHO...if you're using a VFG, then some type of Rail Ladders (from Magpul or recently Surefire has started selling their's as a spearate part and Grant has them) will keep the weight down. Yes they don't protect from "Heat" as well, but if you're not holding the rails, I think it's a non-issue.

Back to the SureFire Rail Ladders....

I had these once on the SF Rail System, but sold them with the rail. I really liked them the best overall as far as comfort. They have a very soft and pliable texture. Right now I am using the Magpul ladders, but they are a little more stiff. Still not bad.

Tack

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    toy you have there. I can say with experience that it will clean your sinuses inside of a building though What ammo do you put through it BTW?

Mostly I feed my toys M193 and M855. The self defense mags are filled with 75gr Tap. Its got a good bark indoors this is true

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I think that I have owned and used just about every rail cover on the market (TD, Magpul, SF, KAC). I have also figured out what works best for me. Here are some thoughts on setups:

First, I shoot with gloves on so heat isn't really an issue for me.

If you run a VG and run your thumb down the barrel (instead of curling it around the VG) I like to use either the TD rail covers or the Magpul XT's. I then use either the Magpul (falcon ind) ladders or the SF ladders at the 3 and 6 positions on the rail.

If you run a VG and "choke the chicken" then I would run ladders on all rails as your hand rarely touches the rail.

If you do not use a VG and shoot with gloves on, then run ladders. Both Magpul (falcon industries) and SureFire make good ones. This will give you a nice slim grip.

If you do not use a VG and do not use gloves, then I think rail covers (like the KAC, Magpul or TD covers) are your best option to protect your hand from heat.

I personally use the SF ladders as I have found them to be the best. They are much softer and tacky feeling than the Magpul (falcon ind.) ladders. They are also MUCH cheaper.

C4

Last edited by C4IGrant; 10-06-07 at 08:32.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast