Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: De-Klintonizing the BM M4gery

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

De-Klintonizing the BM M4gery

In anticipation of my new job in northern MA, which will be a short commute from NH, I am planning out the de-Klintonization of my BM M4gery.

I have decided that I will keep this rifle as my KISS carbine, but want to make it "all the Bushmaster it can be." With that in mind, here is my plan.

1. The upper will be sent to ADCO to have the FSC556 installed, replacing the BM Izzy brake. I will also have ADCO install a FSB with bayonette lug.

2. I'm placing an order with Grant for a Magpul CTR Carbine Stock MIL-Spec Package. It will be nice to finally have a collapsable stock, and I'll be sure to do the correct staking job.

3. I'll also place an order for a BCM M16 Bolt Carrier Group and use the BM bolt as a spare.

4. And finally a few of these and one of these to complete the transformation.

I know this all sounds a bit mundane to most of you, but for a soon to be "former New Yorker" it's nice to be able to configure the rifle the way I want it. Now all we need is some ammo....
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Canonshooter View Post
    In anticipation of my new job in northern MA, which will be a short commute from NH, I am planning out the de-Klintonization of my BM M4gery.

I have decided that I will keep this rifle as my KISS carbine, but want to make it "all the Bushmaster it can be." With that in mind, here is my plan.

1. The upper will be sent to ADCO to have the FSC556 installed, replacing the BM Izzy brake. I will also have ADCO install a FSB with bayonette lug.

2. I'm placing an order with Grant for a Magpul CTR Carbine Stock MIL-Spec Package. It will be nice to finally have a collapsable stock, and I'll be sure to do the correct staking job.

3. I'll also place an order for a CMT Bolt Carrier Group (MP Tested) and use the BM bolt as a spare.

4. And finally a few of these and one of these to complete the transformation.

I know this all sounds a bit mundane to most of you, but for a soon to be "former New Yorker" it's nice to be able to configure the rifle the way I want it. Now all we need is some ammo....

Welcome to free America. I moved from NYC so I know the joy you must feel. Good luck with your project, but I encourage you to get SBR papers filed ASAP

Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    Welcome to free America. I moved from NYC so I know the joy you must feel. Good luck with your project, but I encourage you to get SBR papers filed ASAP
    NYC - you had it worse than me on Long Island!

Yes, a SBR will be in the works, but I want to base that on a better rifle - perhaps a LMT. I will be an "apartment dweller" until we sell our home here on LI, but once that happens and we buy a home in NH, the fun will begin in earnest!

Feedback Score
    Sounds like a plan. Since you already are getting the stock from Grant why not pick up a complete BCM bolt/carrier from Grant. BCM bolt/carrier groups are nice and are staked better than CMT/Stag.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulinski View Post
    Since you already are getting the stock from Grant why not pick up a complete BCM bolt/carrier from Grant. BCM bolt/carrier groups are nice and are staked better than CMT/Stag.
    Thanks for the suggestion (that's actually the one I had in mind) - original post fixed!

Feedback Score

Thumbs down

xxxxx
    Last edited by PALADIN-hgwt; 07-09-09 at 22:34.
    Qui Me Tangit Paenitebit (he who touches me will repent)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PALADIN-hgwt View Post
    A bayonette lug on a carbine can't even accept a standard M7, so why bother spending money on a purely cosmetic "fashion statement"?
    I'm glad you brought that up - I wasn't aware. Just saved me $85 I can put toward the other stuff - thanks for the info!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would send the upper to AR15barrels.com instead of ADCO. Better pricing, plus IMHO, better service, although ADCO is good people as well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I rather buy the FN M16 BCG fron Grant at GR Tactical.com than the BCM. I plan on buying a couple FN M16 BCG in a few months when I get some extra Toy money to spend.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog-1 View Post
    I rather buy the FN M16 BCG fron Grant at GR Tactical.com than the BCM.
    Reasons?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast