Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AAR - Jason Falla 2-Day Advanced Carbine - April 30-May 1, 2011 - Los Angeles, CA

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Got me excited. I'm attending the July 25-26 class and can't wait.

Feedback Score
    This was a great class with a great instructor and group of students. We had some range and wind issues but the former got sorted and the latter was in the hands of the gods of wind! Started out with a great evaluation course of fire encompassing various distances, strong/support side, single and multiple targets, etc. As Jason said it's all about gun handling. His method revolves around gun handling, economies of motion and other efficiencies. Some of these efficiencies are applicable to other types of firearms. We ended the last day with a great course of fire encompassing 2-hits at steel at 245, 275, 350, 125 and 200 yards with the carbine and the last two steel also with 2 rounds each with a pistol. Good bit of running, positional shooting, followed by CQB targets and one prone support side to distance.

Note: Appreciate it if someone could list the evaluation course of fire so that we can practice on our own.

Feedback Score

JASON FALLA - RIFLE TO HANDGUN TRANSITIONS

Rifle to Handgun Transitions

Jason during the Advanced Carbine Course in Los Angeles April 30-May 1, 2011. Video courtesy of Michael Barnes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IEOtvupVnE

Feedback Score
    Welcome on board, looking forward to seeing you there!
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Got me excited. I'm attending the July 25-26 class and can't wait.

Feedback Score
    Great feedback, thanks! I'll see what I can do to get something to you for practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamZar View Post
    This was a great class with a great instructor and group of students. We had some range and wind issues but the former got sorted and the latter was in the hands of the gods of wind! Started out with a great evaluation course of fire encompassing various distances, strong/support side, single and multiple targets, etc. As Jason said it's all about gun handling. His method revolves around gun handling, economies of motion and other efficiencies. Some of these efficiencies are applicable to other types of firearms. We ended the last day with a great course of fire encompassing 2-hits at steel at 245, 275, 350, 125 and 200 yards with the carbine and the last two steel also with 2 rounds each with a pistol. Good bit of running, positional shooting, followed by CQB targets and one prone support side to distance.

Note: Appreciate it if someone could list the evaluation course of fire so that we can practice on our own.

Feedback Score
    This was my second class with Jason (last one was the Intermediate Pistol in November and saw many of the same students from that class in this one).

This was a great class with a great instructor and group of students.

We had some range and wind issues but the former got sorted out and the latter was in the hands of the gods of wind!

Started out with a great evaluation course of fire encompassing various distances, strong/support side, single and multiple targets, etc. (Appreciate it if someone could list the evaluation course of fire so that we can practice on our own).

As Jason said it's all about gun handling. His method revolves around gun handling, economies of motion and other efficiencies. Some of these efficiencies are applicable to other types of firearms. We ended the last day with a great course of fire encompassing 2-hits at steel at 245, 275, 350, 125 and 200 yards with the carbine and the last two steel also with 2 rounds each with a pistol. Good bit of running, positional shooting, followed by CQB targets and one prone support side to distance.

Feedback Score
    Jason's going to get that drill sheet to you soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamZar View Post
    This was my second class with Jason (last one was the Intermediate Pistol in November and saw many of the same students from that class in this one).

This was a great class with a great instructor and group of students.

We had some range and wind issues but the former got sorted out and the latter was in the hands of the gods of wind!

Started out with a great evaluation course of fire encompassing various distances, strong/support side, single and multiple targets, etc. (Appreciate it if someone could list the evaluation course of fire so that we can practice on our own).

As Jason said it's all about gun handling. His method revolves around gun handling, economies of motion and other efficiencies. Some of these efficiencies are applicable to other types of firearms. We ended the last day with a great course of fire encompassing 2-hits at steel at 245, 275, 350, 125 and 200 yards with the carbine and the last two steel also with 2 rounds each with a pistol. Good bit of running, positional shooting, followed by CQB targets and one prone support side to distance.

Feedback Score
    That youtube vid is great stuff - looks like my idea of a good time...standing in piles of brass!

Feedback Score
    That quote is classic, it's definitely what Jason says!
    Quote Originally Posted by meateater View Post

Redback One
    www.redbackone.com

Grey Group Training:
    www.greygrouptraining.com

RB1 two day adv carbine class , was a great class.

Jason is an excellent instructor and his methods of teaching are sound and developed through real world experience.

It was one of the best classes I have taken so far, if not the best.

Highly recommend RB1 to any of the Civies, mil and leo's.

like Jason would say " good on ya mate: lol

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

On top of everything else you walked away with I'm glad to see that cert is going on the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRambo View Post
    I had a great time at Jason Falla's (Redback One) advanced carbine course this past weekend.

He is an excellent instructor. For being probably the most bad a$$ instructor I have ever met he is a very down to earth, personable guy and an incredible instructor. Managing 20+ shooters with ease. It is always nice to learn from instructors with real life experience.

Jason has a incredibly high level of skill and accuracy. He performed all of the drills before we did so all of the students knew exactly how to do every drill. This helped everyone to be on the same page and move forward to the next drill more quickly.

We learned to diagnose malfunctions and understand exactly why they occur. This is key to staying alive in a bad situation.

I can go on and on about all I learned. But all people really need to know is that if you have the opportunity to take a course with Jason you will get your money's worth.

The communication of the entire Grey Group staff was also great. Sarah provided confirmation of orders and updates on any changes leading up to the course. SMGLee & Va Dinger coordinated the event on site and made things happen even through some difficult obstacles. We had a great group of students who made it a fun experience. I got to put faces to many well known forum handles and made some friends that I look forward to seeing at future courses. All in all things went well and everyone had a good time.

The shoot and move obstacle course at the end was by far my favorite part of the 2 day course. Even though I am totally out of shape and managed to fall flat on my face it was one of the coolest things I have had the chance to do.

This Redback One certificate is going to the top of my collection on the wall for sure.

Thank you Jason / Redback One for taking my skills to the next level. And thank you Grey Group for making this all happen. I look forward to taking many more courses with your fine lineup of instructors. (I am already signed up for Larry Vickers AK course in August)

PS> Please send me a link to any pic's posted.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast