Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AK47 Furniture and Accessories... Whats good?

Feedback Score

AK47 Furniture and Accessories... Whats good?

I picked up my first AK47, a Century WASR-10. Shoots good, and the sight is not canted.... Now that I have shot it, I wanna upgrade/replace the stock and handguard. I am leaning towards either a sidefolder, or possibly a standard stock. I want polymer. I have read that UTG stuff is crap, so what are some good brands? I was considering Tapco or ATI. Any guidance would be appreciated. And I did try the search, both last night and tonight, to no avail. Thanks!

Justin
    “If you are going through hell, keep going.”
    -Winston Churchill

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Even though you bought a marginal AK, do not make it worse by adding Crapco or ATI to it.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    I mainly bought the WASR so I could see if I liked the AK platform... So far, I am liking it. Liking it enough that I am considering an Arsenal AK. But, that will have to hold off til about next year. So, I guess I will just do some minor "upgrades" to this one. I have enough buddys who would be willing to buy it when I get my Arsenal, or I just may keep this one as the "beater".

The more I think about it, I will probably go with K-Var's polymer NATO length stock, handguard, and grip package. Thanks for the input so far.

Justin
    “If you are going through hell, keep going.”
    -Winston Churchill

Feedback Score
    I have a 7.62 I.O. inc AK that came with a Tapco side folding stock (I have yet to have a problem with the stock. YES I know Tapco sucks I just didnt bother swapping it out yet). I took off the Tapco handguard and replaced it with a CAA polymer quadrail handguard which sucked. I ended up getting a M.I. aluminum quadrail and love it. It is a great quadrail with several thousand rounds fired. My Vortex Strikefire holds zero sitting on top of the gas tube just fine, and the handguard has yet to shift. I highly recommend the M.I. universal quadrail.
    The Authority is not the Truth. Truth is the only Authority.
    Truth Is Hate to Those Who Hate Truth.
    Love of power is the manifestation of evil.

"When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes.
    Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."
    - Napoléon Bonaparte

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Understand that the NATO stock has about the same LOP as a M16A2 stock, and the Warsaw Pact is standard, similar to the M16A1 in LOP.

I'm 6'2" and MUCH prefer the standard Warsaw Pact
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score

AK47 Accessories

I wouldn't spend too much money on accessories for a WASR -it just doesn't make a lot of financial sense. But, here are some things you might consider:

A good two point sling, like a VCAS
    An "enhanced" extended safety - Krebs, US Palm, etc.
    A US Palm pistol grip.

You really don't need to dress it up any more than that. If you want polymer stocks, go for it, but it does not enhance the functionality of the rifle. For mounting an optic, the Ultimak rail seems to be the gold standard.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackgt85 View Post
    The more I think about it, I will probably go with K-Var's polymer NATO length stock, handguard, and grip package. Thanks for the input so far.
    Yeah, K-Var is going to be your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Understand that the NATO stock has about the same LOP as a M16A2 stock, and the Warsaw Pact is standard, similar to the M16A1 in LOP.

I'm 6'2" and MUCH prefer the standard Warsaw Pact
    I'd recommend starting off with a Warsaw-length stock as well, the LOP on the NATO-length is a little too much (YMMV, of course). If it ends up being too short for your liking you can always sell it and try the intermediate-length version.

Quote Originally Posted by SBushong View Post
    I wouldn't spend too much money on accessories for a WASR -it just doesn't make a lot of financial sense. But, here are some things you might consider:

A good two point sling, like a VCAS
    An "enhanced" extended safety - Krebs, US Palm, etc.
    A US Palm pistol grip.

You really don't need to dress it up any more than that. If you want polymer stocks, go for it, but it does not enhance the functionality of the rifle. For mounting an optic, the Ultimak rail seems to be the gold standard.
    US Palm pistol grips are an excellent choice as well.

J
    WTB:
    SA M-7 Classic blonde stock sets
    Bulgy ((10))/((E)) steel mags
    Bulgy T3 takeoff stock sets
    30-caliber magazine clips?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Focus on ammo and mags. The others steered you in the right direction. Warsaw length buttstock and K-VAR handguards. I would opt for a US Palm/TD AKBG (pistol grip). Good sling, I'd suggest VCAS with Templar's AK mod.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Pistol Grips-Hogue and MD Arms "Molot Grip" are my top 2 and affordable.

Handguards-Midwest Industries, Ultimak, K-Var and Tapco (railed lower handguard w/heat shield-like PB&J with Magpul AFG).

Folding Stock-Romanian/East German/Polish wire side folders. only other good option is the ACE but $$$.

Magazines-Com-Bloc steel. Avoid USA mags and the Korean junk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast