Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maverick HS-12 O'U "Tactical"?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyohte View Post
    Mossberg just keeps digging....
    I hate that I love my 590A1SPX. If they didn't make that, the Chainsaw, etc, would make me never buy one.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Our store has a couple. Silly for sure, but it gets worse.. most don't realize that it wont fire if its pointed downward, towards the floor for example. It has a bizarre safety system, for sure.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGreg View Post
    Our store has a couple. Silly for sure, but it gets worse.. most don't realize that it wont fire if its pointed downward, towards the floor for example. It has a bizarre safety system, for sure.
    Wait, what?

Feedback Score
    I look at that shotgun and can only think how pimps back in the 60's would have liked it.

Won't fire pointed down! rules it out for snake country.
    Last edited by Ramcharger413; 05-25-11 at 18:18.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have thought about getting the Stoger Double Defense or the like strictly as a under the seat truck gun, especially if it breaks down due to compactability. If it gets stolen or damaged I woundn't be out my 590 or 870.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    I have thought about getting the Stoger Double Defense or the like strictly as a under the seat truck gun, especially if it breaks down due to compactability. If it gets stolen or damaged I woundn't be out my 590 or 870.
    A Mossberg 500 is cheaper

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by t42beal13t View Post
    A Mossberg 500 is cheaper
    And cannot break down to conceal beneath my compact truck's seats.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    And cannot break down to conceal beneath my compact truck's seats.
    Touche. Even though I did once have one with an overfolding stock that was really compact (don't judge, I was young and stupid).

Feedback Score
    Its LOP appears a bit too long, but I can see it as a viable home defense weapon, certainly not a "tactical".

Put a decent white light on it, load it appropriately and it would suffice for most homeowners.

It could also serve double duty as a hunting shotgun in extreme close cover.

The screw-in chokes could make for some interesting combos, too.
    Last edited by Dan Goodwin; 05-26-11 at 18:50.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. " _ Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Goodwin View Post
    I can see it as a viable home defense weapon, certainly not a "tactical".

Put a decent white light on it, load it appropriately and it would suffice for most homeowners.
    sure it could work for that, but why? a pump-action is cheaper and holds more shells and most have a ton of aftermarket support so getting the right stock or mounting optics or a light are no trouble.
    I don't collect guns, I accumulate them

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast