Thread: PHA Tactical Rifle Match - 3rd Saturday of every month

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

PHA Tactical Rifle Match - 3rd Saturday of every month

We are fortunate to have some great shooting opportunities here in NC. This match is on an alternate weekend from the Gunfighter match at Range 37, and takes place just off of I-85 in Lexington, NC. we usually have 50 to 70 shooters each month. Follow the link below for directions.

http://phashoots.com

The PHA Tactical Match is held on the 3rd Saturday of the month at 8:30 AM (April-September)/10 AM (October-February), weather permitting. Match fees are $15.

The match consists of 2 stages with different scenarios each month. All matches involve movement and shooting around barricades and through windows and doors at ISPC-type targets. The number of targets range from 7 to 18 per stage. Total round count is less than 100 for the match (50 to 60 rifle, 10 to 30 pistol).

Currently, there are four classes: center fire optics, center fire iron sights, rimfire optics, rimfire iron sights. Pistols can any caliber. Shooters will need 2 rifle magazines (25 rds. or more minimum) and two pistol magazines. No cross draw or shoulder holsters allowed. Before each stage the range officers will explain safety rules and provide a walk through.

Your sign-in time determines your shooting schedule. If you register early, you will shoot early. If you come late you will be one of the last to shoot. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Great bunch of guys, great range, and a great time. Come on out and shoot with us.

See you at the range,

JF

Feedback Score
    Sounds great. And RDU area shooters that want to carpool shoot me an IM.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Looking forward to it!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Franz View Post
    We are fortunate to have some great shooting opportunities here in NC. This match is on an alternate weekend from the Gunfighter match at Range 37, and takes place just off of I-85 in Lexington, NC. we usually have 50 to 70 shooters each month. Follow the link below for directions.

http://phashoots.com

The PHA Tactical Match is held on the 3rd Saturday of the month at 8:30 AM (April-September)/10 AM (October-February), weather permitting. Match fees are $15.

The match consists of 2 stages with different scenarios each month. All matches involve movement and shooting around barricades and through windows and doors at ISPC-type targets. The number of targets range from 7 to 18 per stage. Total round count is less than 100 for the match (50 to 60 rifle, 10 to 30 pistol).

Currently, there are four classes: center fire optics, center fire iron sights, rimfire optics, rimfire iron sights. Pistols can any caliber. Shooters will need 2 rifle magazines (25 rds. or more minimum) and two pistol magazines. No cross draw or shoulder holsters allowed. Before each stage the range officers will explain safety rules and provide a walk through.

Your sign-in time determines your shooting schedule. If you register early, you will shoot early. If you come late you will be one of the last to shoot. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Great bunch of guys, great range, and a great time. Come on out and shoot with us.

See you at the range,

JF
    This looks great, anybody wanna carpool from Fayetteville? 21 May?

Grant
    " Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun, you might meet'em both if you show up here not welcome son.." -Josh Thompson

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'd love to come out and shoot, but I can't get a pistol just yet. Any chance of borrowing one from someone there?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dist. Expert 26 View Post
    I'd love to come out and shoot, but I can't get a pistol just yet. Any chance of borrowing one from someone there?
    Sure, come on out. I'll have a one for you to borrow.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Sweet. I'll be out there as soon as I can fit it in my schedule. Thanks
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    I'm trying to fit this into my Saturday, what time do you guys normally finish up?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    We are starting early this month to beat the heat. First shooter will be on the line at 8:30, but you can still come later and shooter. We have been running at about 3 1/2 to 4 hours the last few matches, and we are fine tuning things to get folks in and out a little quicker.

Hope to see you there.

JF

Feedback Score
    A great time as always! Thanks to Jeff and the other RO's who keep these things safe and moving.

A little video of me running the two stages:

http://youtu.be/gCBeVZA3sWI
    http://youtu.be/7ZrRX3HMj0w