Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CCW in Wisconsin

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    As soon as the governor signs it....which should be soon as he is a pretty strong supporter....DOJ has 4 months to get the system up and running. Somewhere in the articles you guys linked to is a positive statement from the DOJ regarding:

"and we will be working hard to put ourselves in position to begin issuing permits as soon as the law allows," spokesman Bill Cosh said.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    VICTORY! http://www.wisn.com/r/28313717/detail.html

Good news for Wisconsin!

Me personally I'm for Constitutional carry but this is definitely a step forward.
    Me too!!

I talked with Darren LaSorte (Wisconsin NRA lobbyist) in Madison yesterday. He said that the NRA will continue to work for Constitutional carry. I think the feeling is that in 5 years or so (when people are ready to renew permits) we can make that push. We will have to give the lefties time to see that the wild west shootouts do not happen.
    Permits or not, this was a big deal. I am just glad that I was able to make the trip down there to witness it pass.

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Holy shit!!! This is such great news!!!
    I'm an FFL/gunsmith, not the holster company. We specialize in subsonic ammunition and wholesale rifles.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Well, I picked up a G26 today!!! Now I need to pick up a decent IWB setup, and I'll be good to go.

Its sounds like October/Novemberish will be the earliest we can start applying though.

Feedback Score
    I'm an FFL/gunsmith, not the holster company. We specialize in subsonic ammunition and wholesale rifles.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It could be written a lot worse. From a quick read...

Training requirement is minimal, with no live fire. Most reasonably legit training will likely make the grade, including hunter safety. Mil, LE, security small arms training will be GTG.

Entering a posted location won't require notice to vacate prior to an offense. That's a bummer. Looks like it's only a class B forfeiture though.

A UT non-resident CFP looks likely to make the list.

No requirement to notify LE if you're carrying, only to produce the permit on demand.
    Last edited by ST911; 06-26-11 at 15:05.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    First the Pack win the Superbowl, then A Governor that is not afraid to make some changes, and finally a CCW in WI, Hell is freezing over, Now if we could get Paul Ryan in the White House..
    [I]Life is Hard, It is even Harder if You are Stupid.
    John Wayne[/I]

Feedback Score
    Skintop911, I imagine the DOJ will honor only resident permits, much like Michigan does. I think they will require the permit holder to be a resident of the state whom has issued them the permit.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The governor hasn't signed it yet and I've been hearing rumors that he wants the training requirement strengthened significantly so as to get the most reciprocity.

I don't know if his line item veto power has any significance in this or not.

I would like to see more specific training. Showing that I took hunters safety 30 years ago when I was 12 doesn't seem to be very relevant..........

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I would like to see more specific training. Showing that I took hunters safety 30 years ago when I was 12 doesn't seem to be very relevant..........
    You're right, hunter safety and training in general is not relevant. However, the 2nd Amendment of the United States Constitution is relevant and it says "shall not be infringed", that's all that should be needed.

Look at Vermont, Alaska, Arizona and Wyoming for examples of what happens when states actually abide by the Constitution. There is no blood flowing in the streets and no "Wild West" type of shoot outs going on. Montana residents are able to carry concealed without a permit in rural areas but must have a permit within city limits, I don't know the specifics.

I do encourage everyone I know to take shooting classes and to get the proper education regarding handling and using a firearm in our very litigious society. However, I don't think showing a certificate from some class should be a necessary requirement for one to protect oneself and their loved ones.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast