Page 243 of 311 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    My suggestion to you would be call LMT directly on the phone, and ask if they can put a single F/A MWS BCG in the webstore for you to buy. Then use the IG15 code to get a good deal on it. It's worth a shot for sure.
    Thanks.

I’ve always enjoyed your long-range, LMT steel ringing.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Has anyone noticed the website now has Lighweight stainless 5R barrels? Kind of pricey at $649, but I don’t remember seeing these last year. The barrel options for 7.62 are now:

Chrome-lined (13.5, 16, 20) $499
    Lightweight chrome-lined (13.5, 16, 20) $549
    Stainless 5R (13.5, 16, 18, 20) $599
    Lightweight stainless 5R (13.5, 16) $649

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    @ALCOAR

I'm more literature educated on LR shooting then time in the trenches. Plenty of knowledge with little real world experience. The longest range I have to shoot on is at our Farm is 938 yards. I'd like to get a decent Hog saddle and tripod and use Coyote Hunting as some practical application training using my various systems.

I haven't had too much experience with different loads. I try to stick to stockpiling, (which I am failing at), 118LR.While I'm sure the M118LR ammunition is capable of it, I haven't realized an sub MOA groups as you have as of yet (.68 MOA is phenomenal BTW). I love the looks of my UBR Stock, but I either need to change to a different height/lower scope mount, find a stock with a more favorable cheek weld or both as they are hindering my shooting. I would like to get a good stockpile of some 147 grain surplus, minute of man ammunition, as well.

Great videos and great shooting. Both stand out. 1st you made fairly quick repetitive hits on the 800 yd target. Shows how capable the platform is for it intended practical application in the hands of a competent user. Nothing to sneeze at.

2nd Video is truly awesome from an MWS owners perspective to know that the platform is capable stretching out if need be, fairly consistently. Even more so impressive with that optic.

After seeing those videos, it would be very tough for me to let that one go.
    Last edited by Sabre675; 02-16-19 at 17:19.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Great post(s)
    Agree with all the above. Let us know how much you enjoy your 6.5. I bit that bullet and we have really enjoyed shooting it. S&B and Am Gunner sell cheap very accurate sub moa slinging steel Ammo.

I’ve never felt the urge to go 13.5 because it just seems too overpowered in CQB when I ran it. I guess my tender soal isn’t tuff enough.

What is O. G. By the way. I’m too old and not hip
    Original Gangster

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Great post(s)
    Agree with all the above. Let us know how much you enjoy your 6.5. I bit that bullet and we have really enjoyed shooting it. S&B and Am Gunner sell cheap very accurate sub moa slinging steel Ammo.

I’ve never felt the urge to go 13.5 because it just seems too overpowered in CQB when I ran it. I guess my tender soal isn’t tuff enough.

What is O. G. By the way. I’m too old and not hip
    You and Mark shoot more long range than perhaps anyone on this forum that I know of. I'm always jelly you guys get to share a friendship around this activity, and then you have a LR shooting mecca in every direction it seems. I'd already have a 6.5 setup if I had steady access to the place you guys have. One of the days, I'm gonna live the van life and come see the AZ crew. IG needs to be there as well.

O.G. just means the original MWSc or MWSe models that had quad rails and first gen MWS lowers/non MARS H lowers.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    Thanks.

I’ve always enjoyed your long-range, LMT steel ringing.

Thanks you for the kind words TBH, I miss making the videos as much as having a 1k range currently. Camera tech nowadays allows us to see some really neat stuff that just a decade again it was much harder to see.

GL with the BCG search, they are works of art in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    Has anyone noticed the website now has Lighweight stainless 5R barrels? Kind of pricey at $649, but I don’t remember seeing these last year. The barrel options for 7.62 are now:

Chrome-lined (13.5, 16, 20) $499
    Lightweight chrome-lined (13.5, 16, 20) $549
    Stainless 5R (13.5, 16, 18, 20) $599
    Lightweight stainless 5R (13.5, 16) $649
    I too have noticed that within the last few months. Their CL barrels are so damn accurate, and the fact they have been so secretive for years about who now makes their barrels after they stopped the Mike Rock barrels, I'm not sure I'd be willing to shell out that much for a barrel that I didn't know who made it.

That said, my guess is that their barrels currently are finally being produced in house which was a stated goal years ago. I still don't know if they can reproduce what Mike Rock did, but I'd love to see any, and all the MWS barrel reports.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    @ALCOAR

I'm more literature educated on LR shooting then time in the trenches. Plenty of knowledge with little real world experience. The longest range I have to shoot on is at our Farm is 938 yards. I'd like to get a decent Hog saddle and tripod and use Coyote Hunting as some practical application training using my various systems.

I haven't had too much experience with different loads. I try to stick to stockpiling, (which I am failing at), 118LR.While I'm sure the M118LR ammunition is capable of it, I haven't realized an sub MOA groups as you have as of yet (.68 MOA is phenomenal BTW). I love the looks of my UBR Stock, but I either need to change to a different height/lower scope mount, find a stock with a more favorable cheek weld or both as they are hindering my shooting. I would like to get a good stockpile of some 147 grain surplus, minute of man ammunition, as well.

Great videos and great shooting. Both stand out. 1st you made fairly quick repetitive hits on the 800 yd target. Shows how capable the platform is for it intended practical application in the hands of a competent user. Nothing to sneeze at.

2nd Video is truly awesome from an MWS owners perspective to know that the platform is capable stretching out if need be, fairly consistently. Even more so impressive with that optic.

After seeing those videos, it would be very tough for me to let that one go.
    A farm with 938yds to shoot on is the definition of Heaven on Earth. That's awesome you have that type of AO to enjoy, and take advantage of. That's more real world experience than I get 90% of the time, as my spots are fleeting. I'm always looking for a new place it seems.

I agree about loading up on some good mil surp ball ammo to stock deep. I need to buy a half dozen or more types and do a head to head eval on them, and keep the winner.

Thanks for the kind words in regards to the videos as well. Sounds like you need to start making a few vids of your awesomeness soon enough

Check out these reports I did in terms of different loads in the MWS. For the record, the 168gr. SMK is so much more accurate than everything else I've tried, it's really unfair for me to use that to represent my rifle. This will give you a more fair, all around look at it's capability.

ETA: I also might have told a small fishing tale about the earlier reported smallest group on the MWS. My records seem to indicate otherwise. I imagine that other number belongs to a MRP barrel of mine with Hornady 55gr. VMAX, but i'd have to find my target records to confirm. Apologies about that gents.

MWS Federal GMM 168gr. SMK groups....

On this one I got to show the original target because it's a straight up bughole...unbelievable

MWS Hornady 168gr. ZMax(Amax) groups....

NOTE: The first group is a "Molon 3rd Special...the subsequent 7rds were fired into the next target"

Barnes 150gr. TTSX group(way to damn expensive for more than 1 group)....

Conditions:
    Temp: 52-54 degree F
    Wind: SSE at 6mph
    Humidity: 84%
    Pressure: 30.01 -->
    Elevation: 417ft. (forgot this above in the first report..same above)

Results:

200yd Zero: Federal GMM 168gr. Sierra MatchKing BTHP:

Unedited pic....

Federal Premium Vital Shok 165gr. Sierra GameKing BTSP:

Unedited pic....

Conditions:

TEMP: 46 degrees F
    Wind: SSW at 13mph
    Humidity: 96%
    Pressure: 29.82 <--
    Elevation: 417ft.

*** Severe T-storm and heavy showers with a Tornado alert

Results:

Hornady Custom 150gr. SST

Unedited pic:

Winchester Supreme 168gr. Ballistic Silvertip:

unedited:

Hornady 150gr. SST:
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 02-16-19 at 18:32.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Conditions:

Temp: 28 degees F
    Wind: S at 4mph
    Humidity: 37%
    Pressure: 30.48 -->
    Elevation: 417 ft.

Federal GMMM 175gr. SMK (7.62 labeled with military brass)

unedited:

Federal 165gr. Fusion:

unedited pic:

Winchester 150gr. Ballistic Silvertip:

unedited:

BH's 175gr. SMK Red box

unedited pic...

Federal/AE M1A 168gr. SMK

unedited pic...

LMT MWS 16" CL factory ammo evaluation chart

Last edited by ALCOAR; 02-16-19 at 18:36.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    ^^^^^^Thank you for that data. Still a quite impressive showing for a 7.62 gasser. Does anyone have any data on what the Britts were using in their contract marksmanship package? If my memory is correct they were issued M80 Ball Ammo....I can't imagine that would be much better then 1.5 MOA.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Has anyone had functional success cutting a 16" barrel back to 14"/14.5"?

I'm planning to do so (14" with a P/W FH) and intend to run it suppressed, but I know the LMT factory 13.5" barrel has a larger gas port (.086) whereas the standard 16" has a .076 port.

Curious if I'm going to run into any function/teething issues, or if it can work with the appropriate buffer tweaks, etc.?

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yama Arashi View Post
    Has anyone had functional success cutting a 16" barrel back to 14"/14.5"?

I'm planning to do so (14" with a P/W FH) and intend to run it suppressed, but I know the LMT factory 13.5" barrel has a larger gas port (.086) whereas the standard 16" has a .076 port.

Curious if I'm going to run into any function/teething issues, or if it can work with the appropriate buffer tweaks, etc.?
    Haven't run mine suppressed... The barrel you see in my MLOK MWS is a 16" cut down to 14.5. No issues.

Page 243 of 311 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293 ... LastLast