Page 1 of 76 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

All you happy LMT owners show us your setups.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    How do you us the MRDS on top of that scope? Is your check/chin even on the stock?

How do you like the scope, that thing looks heavy? I have a burris 1-4 and a Vortex PST that I switch out on mine.

Feedback Score
    OP thats a beast of a trijicon, very nice looking though. Reminds me of the UK contract MWS's with the same optic. I have to ask as well, how does the MRDS work so high up there?

Heres my set up, all I am waiting on is some good BUIS:

Even the wife has a hard time leting go of it:
    Last edited by OTO27; 05-10-11 at 17:54.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Nice setups!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OTO27 View Post
    OP thats a beast of a trijicon, very nice looking though. Reminds me of the UK contract MWS's with the same optic. I have to ask as well, how does the MRDS work so high up there?

Heres my set up, all I am waiting on is some good BUIS:

Even the wife has a hard time leting go of it:

this is nice, that rifle is expensive

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m1ajunkie View Post
    Trident, I am in North Georgia. The range I shoot long range at is in lexington, GA just east of athens.

http://www.gunsitehills.com/

I would certainly be interested in putting together some kind of small gathering. Shooting at that range is a blast due to the abundance of steel targets.

Just curious, which scar you getting? What do you have in mind for it? That could be a question for another thread though.
    I went there once a while ago and can second it being an awesome range. I would go to any gathering in a heart beat.

To make this legal I have a bone stock MWS:

I am trying to decide what to put on it: a Nightforce or an Elcan. It's a blast to shoot though and the only firearm I have ever purchased that came with it's own torque wrench.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    No questions asked...I would take a baby NXS 1-4x over any particular Elcan model.

The NF is a true 1-4x even though the middle power ranges for most rarely get used, the elcan is just a 1x and 4x. Both are bombproof so the Elcan at least holds par in that category but then again I never seen an optic as over-engineered as the Elcans are. The nxs is a really LW optic for what you are getting in terms of performance out of it.

With the NXS you get to escape all those nightmares created by the Elcan's mounting mechism's like the ARMs models by running fantastic mounts designed perfectly for the modern day AR like a ADM or Larue. I cannot speak on Elcan's CS and QC, but NF's is impeccable, call em' up and they don't ask you any questions to your request. It should be that way when buying optics as these are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    No questions asked...I would take a baby NXS 1-4x over any particular Elcan model.

The NF is a true 1-4x even though the middle power ranges for most rarely get used, the elcan is just a 1x and 4x. Both are bombproof so the Elcan at least holds par in that category but then again I never seen an optic as over-engineered as the Elcans are. The nxs is a really LW optic for what you are getting in terms of performance out of it.

With the NXS you get to escape all those nightmares created by the Elcan's mounting mechism's like the ARMs models by running fantastic mounts designed perfectly for the modern day AR like a ADM or Larue. I cannot speak on Elcan's CS and QC, but NF's is impeccable, call em' up and they don't ask you any questions to your request. It should be that way when buying optics as these are.
    That settles the debate then. It also doesn't hurt that it is cheaper. I am going to use Badger Ordnance rings unless somebody has a horror story about them.

Page 1 of 76 1231151 ... LastLast